Films were produced by big companies in the past, but today people are able to make a film.

vinvin 2 / 2 1  

Do you think this trend is positive or negative?

It is true that these days making a film is growing popularity with everyone while only large companies could do in the past. Personally, I believe that this trend has both positive and negative effects in equal measure.

On the one hand, this trend has several positive ramifications. Firstly, this creates great opportunities in which creative ideas can grow. When cameras are accessible and films are easy to make, normal people have a chance to show their imagination through videos and films. Especially, this trend is beneficial to the youth and children who need to determine their own passion, and making films might be some children's latent talent. Secondly, some of the related industries reap the benefits of the trend. Demands for filming are becoming so popular that related industries such as cameras and video making software are producing more and more to meet the needs of costumers.

On the other hand, it is wrong to reject the drawbacks of the trend. The first drawback is that it is a huge opportunity for bad and low-quality videos reach viewers. In the modern world, thousands of videos are creating in a day so that they can not all be censored. Many of them could be harmful to people, especially children. Secondly, big filming companies might see a significant decrease in their revenue. When everyone can make their own films, the big companies lose their exclusive access to costumers. For instance, people today are not excited when a new film is released as they did before because films are available every day.

In conclusion, the fact that people these days can easily make films is attributable to several factors. I personally believe that this trend has benefits and drawbacks at the same time.
This is not a comparative essay or advantage/disadvantage conversation. It is a single opinion essay that requires you to choose one side to fully justify within 2 reasoning paragraphs. There is no middle ground in this presentation. You are tasked to present a clear position on the given topic otherwise you risk getting a 3 TA score. The 3 TA score us automatic when you fail to choose one side to defend in the presentation. Failure to pick one side could actually result in the failure of your paper since the TA consideration scores you down for not having a clear position in the paper. A clear position is signified by a solid support for one of the two options provided.

You know that this is not a comparative essay because it contains the word OR in it. OR is used to refer to words that represent alternatives. You cannot choose both when faced with an alternative. You can only opt for one, not both since an alternative is a choice between two or more things with the option to choose only one of the two.

Home / Writing Feedback / Films were produced by big companies in the past, but today people are able to make a film.