TOEFL Writing--final grade determined by numerous assignments or few assignments?

Dousiyu 2 / 3  
I am not very good at writing so I am trying to use a similar framework for all my essays. Please tell me about your opinions. Thank you!

Topic:Some students prefer to have their final grade determined by numerous small assignments, whereas others prefer to have their final degrades determined by only few ones, which do you prefer and why?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Students, nowadays, attach more attention on their academic performance and which method is better to measure their achievements. Final grades, in myriad of people's eyes, are more advisable to be given by assorted assignments than a few exams since it can provide students with ample time to get well prepared for the exam so as to get a high score. Contrary to these people's opinion is my perspective that final grades, should be graded by numerous small assignments because this way can boost students to develop a superb study behavior, ease the stress of students in final exam, and boost the relationship between students and teachers.

To begin with, giving final grades by plentiful exams, without a doubt, will exert positive influence on academic performance of students considering study is a constant process. It is quiet necessary to point out that developing good study behaviors, such as preparing a lesson in advance, taking notes in class, and revising the assignments in time, is of great importance. However, most of students select and choose to set studying aside before the few significant exams coming, let alone to revising the assignments in time. In a word, it is conceivable that measure students by host of few exams help students develop good study behaviors.

The stress of students can be significantly release sever as another contributor to giving grades by assorted exams. Assuming students academic performance can just be estimated by only one or two exams, they would be overwhelmed when they do the exams. I, for instance, clearly remember the two exams took in last semester, marketing and finance. The marketing teacher preferred to offer scores for student by numerous small exams, whereas the finance's teacher chooses to give grades only by final examination. Hardly can I feel the stress since I spared no effort during the semester to prepare every exam very careful and I already have got very high scores, during the final exam,. However, when it comes to finance, I failed in the final exam because I was so stressful in the exam that I forget lots of knowledge that I should know. Therefore, giving scores by periodic exams will considerably release the mental load of students.

Last but not least, the relationship between students and teachers can be considerably boosted and improved thanks to the numerous exams. Specifically speaking, students can get feedback from their teacher after very small exams so that they would have more chances to swap their ideas to each other. Moreover, teachers can assist students in studying by pointing out their weaknesses and giving advices for them. As a result, the relationship between students and teacher can be stimulated by lots of small exams.

To sum up, considering study behaviors the pressure of final exams, and the relationship between students and teacher, it is reasonable to choose a way of giving scores by several small exams.
lenchiben - / 4  
It is quietquite necessary to point out that developing
The stress of students can be significantly release sever What do you mean by that?
whereas the finance's teacher chooseschose to give grades only by final examination
Hardly can II could hardly feel the stress since I spared no effort during the semester
That's all I could find, but I think your essay is pretty good!

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL Writing--final grade determined by numerous assignments or few assignments?