"WE FIND COMFORT AMONG THOSE WHO AGREE WITH US - GROWTH AMONG THOSE WHO DON'T"; PPST Writing TOPIC

eperry1 1 / -  
Instructions: When you take the essay portion of the test, one of the following topics, or a topic similar to the ones listed below, will be presented. You will be asked to discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated and to support your position with specific reasons and examples from your own experience, observations, or reading. 30 time limit so its not super polished or well thought out

I do find great comfort in being in the company of others who are like-minded but I think it healthy and necessary to be presented with people who have opposing views. It's a bad feeling to be in contention with another individual; maybe one of the reasons we tend to gravitate to people who conceal the same values and belief systems, but it's the basis on which our great nation stands.

Could you imagine how spice less and mundane this world and or lives would be if we all thought and felt the same? One example is our vast culture. What if we all agreed that food were to be prepared one way, or it was only appropriate to dress in one designated fashion? How would our America look? Its that one thought that was thought outside of our proverbial box that sparked the growth of a variety of differences that we enjoy and expound upon daily.

There's always a time and a place for harmony and opposition. In the work place, for example, we thrive off of differences of opinion. There isn't always one right way to tackle an assignment or come to a solution or conclusion. We often grow from the differences and ideas of others. Other times, agreement, or reaching a general consensus gets the job done in a timely fashion to meet deadlines and present a united front.

In closing, it is comforting to feel as though someone gets you, or knows where you're coming from, but there always great gain in seeing things from another perspective. Being open and flexible gives us as human beings the balance essential for dealing with people we come in contact with from different walks of life. It would be advantageous to us all to explore cultures other than our own and encounter people outside of our comfort zone.
Binte Rasheed - / 4  
Because people who don't agree with us find many flaws and mistakes in us and due to this we get chance to make ourself better.

Home / Writing Feedback / "WE FIND COMFORT AMONG THOSE WHO AGREE WITH US - GROWTH AMONG THOSE WHO DON'T"; PPST Writing TOPIC