To find work you love, don't follow your passion. TED 12 How could we choose a fulfilling career?

nurul66 2 / 2  
To find work you love, don't follow your passion

When talking about career, interest or passion will be main consideration to think as this would determine our happiness when undertaking our job. However, it is not easy to be taken as many choices come and make the individual confused. With regard to this phenomenon, how could we choose a fulfilling career? There is an organization that is dedicated to analyze this question called '80000 hours'. This organization did research about how to make a real career decision and finally concluded that all this time, people focus on the wrong thing. Basically, everyone does a career based on parent's career, money to get, and passion. But passion is imbalance with career that everyone gets. The solution is doing what's valuable that consist of achievement and meaning. Achievement means getting good something. Meaning or purpose means trying to do something great. The methods are exploring, building skill, and solving pressing problems.
Nurul, your essay offers incomplete information. You should have included a few sentences about the method of the study, how it was conducted, and what the survey questions asked were that helped the researchers arrive at this conclusion. The organization presentation should have included a background on the company in order to show the reader that the results of the study are coming from a reliable source.

By the way, you should have included the name of the speaker, date of the talk, and the location (if provided). These are necessary information that can help the reader decide upon the validity of the information you are summarizing. More importantly, you should have included a link to the original talk for us to use as a reference point for the information you presented in the essay. Without it, we are unable to double check the information and just have to trust that you actually summarized the video in the right manner.

Home / Writing Feedback / To find work you love, don't follow your passion. TED 12 How could we choose a fulfilling career?