Finnbuild Report ( Explanation about an excursion on a Building Fair in Helsinki-Finland )

armin_karmisin 1 / -  

Purpose of the event

On 12th. October 2018, ConRem students of the University of Metropolia took part in the FinnBuild event at Messukeskus Helsinki. The aim was to search and explore a Building exhibition that was held on 10-12.10.2018 in Helsinki-Finland, with a sustainable approach in the field of building products, design, and management firm or construction and infrastructures companies.

Starting the excursion

Firstly, based on the previous appointment almost all of the students got together in front of the entrance on 10:00 am. Eric Pollock, the founder and the lecturer of the ConRem course gave us some tip due to having a more informative excursion during the fair. He also had a piece of brick as a sample to search for his current renovation project with him.

After entering the Hall, Our tickets were all checked by a QR scanner, and some leaflet was prepared to guide us. The plan of the hall was depicted and categorized by different colors due to showing their main tasks and major activity of the area. It was not clear to me at least, maybe some extra information would help me more, but thanks to the information desk I could find my target points easily. On the way, I could have a more tangible sense to different materials and could see the different methods of piping system which is especially common in Finland and in the region of Scandinavian Countries. They potentially could bear frost situations very well which is not most common in my home country.

Regarding our main subject, there were companies/products which seems to be more worthy to explain more:

1.GROHE SENSE & GROHE SENSE GUARD
A prominent invention which is a smart system due to decreasing the risk of water leakage. Since the leaks can occur anywhere and result from faulty appliances or old/pipe damage. Based on a survey, 65% of water damage is due to burst or leaking pipes (The Consumer View, January 2016, Water Security Research). This also can lead to building up mold just after 24 hours which causes respiratory, asthma and allergies. (irp-cdn.multiscreensite/c4e267ab).

There is also a very practical application that can be connected to the sensors via your cell phone and also the WiFi which is already connected to the moisture detectors. The system base on the order of the client has the ability to either sense or shut the water circuit.

2.Tasakaton tarkastus by SLD
A Finnish isolation company which is a representative of a Company from Germany.
They had a very interesting distinguishing system of finding a small hole even in size of a small pin on the roof, so it would be needless to demolish the whole ceiling due to finding the leakage and renewing the roof again, so I think it can be considered as a sustainable system and prevent from producing oil-based materials such as asphalt for isolation the exist roofs and also disposal of waste . Despite the good and tangible presentation, lack of English speakers of the employee impeded to go further and discuss more.

3.Hansgrohe
A well-known manufacturer in the field of Faucets explained their showers which were water efficient with the water consumption around 3.5 liters/min. based on the explanation of the representative this product is one of the wisely choices in swimming pools and Hotels while the consumption in these field does matter.

All in all, the exhibition was in a very vibrant atmosphere and the booths were eager to demonstrate their services/goods very well, last but not the least facility services such as lorries, Van and service cars expected to be more prepared especially because of drones services in the upcoming future.

The excursion ended around 9 with a gathering of visitors and exhibitors around a music band.
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Hi, here are my suggestions:

... aim was to experience and explore a building industry exhibition that was held

Firstly, based on our previously planned appointment, almost all of

...front of the entrance at 10:00 am.

... gave us some tips to ensure our having a

... as a sample to search for suitable materials for his current

After entering the hall, our tickets ..., and some leaflets were handed out to guide us.

... categorized by different colors, each showing the main features and major activity of that area.

The brochure was not clear

information would have helped me more, ... desk I was able to find my target destinations easily.

On the way, I was able to get a more tangible sense of the different building materials and could see ... of piping systems which are especially

... there were several companies/products which seem to be more worthy of further explanation:

This company displayed a prominent ... system meant to decrease the risk of water leakage. This is important, since the leaks

This also can lead to a build up of mold just ... causes respiratory distress, asthma

... practical application that can allow the user to monitor the sensors via your cell phone

This is a Finnish subsidiary company ... of aparent company from Germany.

distinguishing system capable of finding a small hole even the size of a small pin on a roof, ... whole ceiling in order to find the leak and restore the roof

and prevent excessive use of oil-based materials such as asphalt to restore existing roofs as well as the concurrent disposal of waste . Despite their good and tangible presentation, the lack of English speakers among their employees impeded my attempts to go further

... in the field of faucets explained their

... around 3.5 liters/min. Based on the explanation ... of the wisest choices in swimming pools and hotels, since the water consumption in these applications does matter.

... and the personnel at the booths were ... very well. Last but not least facility ... services in the upcoming future. {this last part was unclear to me}

Home / Writing Feedback / Finnbuild Report ( Explanation about an excursion on a Building Fair in Helsinki-Finland )