FIRM DISCIPINE IS PART OF TEACHING CHILDREN (AGREE OR DISAGREE)

tomcruise231293 1 / -  
The issue of applying firm discipline on teaching children remains controversial. Some people claim that firm discipline has positive impacts on the development of children while others believe that the lack of confidence is an unwanted downside of this teaching method. I agree with the former view for the following reasons.

In the first place, it is claimed that the appearance of firm discipline has negative effects on the development of children. As a result of experiencing frequent firm disciplines, children can feel the fear and the lack of confidence. Moreover, they can behave as the robots according to the instruction of whipping instead of raising the reason for their mistakes. Nevertheless, it is irrefutable that by virtue of the appearance of firm discipline, children feel scared and remember deeply their failures. Another paradox is that only by applying firm discipline or strict obligation can teacher control the class effectively and set up serious environment in class. In other words, not only do children form right behavior but learning environment also becomes more seriously and efficiently by dint of this teaching method.

Second, another drawback of firm discipline is putting children in vicious circle. When children are in the age of puberty, they may behave ridiculously and if their parents apply firm discipline instead of sympathizing, children will feel vulnerable and easy to be lured into social illnesses. However, ironically, only in the sensitive moments like that do children need more than ever the earnest impacts of families and teachers. Facts have shown that children whose parents are too yielding or too busy with their career have more abilities to be susceptible to social evils. Especially when children recognize that their parents make light of the education of them or do not bend them into good habits. For instance, in some countries which apply firm discipline absolutely such as Korea, Japan and Singapore, their crime rates is constantly decrease in the recent years. Put it simply, children will keep out of vicious circle while legality society is created.

To summarize, I am strongly support to the former view with the development of children is the most important result of firm discipline.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I think your paper is very well done. One thing I would change is to define "firm discipline" at the beginning of the paper. It is unclear what it means. You should include one sentence in the beginning about what specific "positive impacts" people believe will happen to children who receive "firm discipline". I would try to make it more obvious which side of the argument you are writing about, and strengthen your reasons for feeling this way. the paper asks your opinion, so it is okay to write it as if these ideas are coming from your own personal views.

Moreover, they can behave as the robots,according to the instructionas a result of whipping, instead of raisinglearning the reason for their mistakes.

I dont really like the comparison to robots... maybe you could think of another way to express this notion.

Nevertheless, it is irrefutable that by virtue of the appearance ofwhen firm discipline is applied , children feel scared and deeply remember deeply their failuresmistakes .

Another paradox is thatFor example,a teacher must employ strict disciplineonly by applying firm discipline or strict obligation can teacherin order to control the class effectively and set upcreate a serious learning environment. in class.In other words, not only do children form right behavior but learning environment also becomes more seriously and efficiently by dint of this teaching method.

The sentence I scratched out is repetitive, so it is not necessary.

Home / Writing Feedback / FIRM DISCIPINE IS PART OF TEACHING CHILDREN (AGREE OR DISAGREE)