First farm to grow veg in a desert using only sun and seawater by Alice Klein

Ifan21 22 / 24 2  
One of preeminent innovations in term of contemporary agriculture established a couple years ago and officially launched yesterday was seawater greenhouse. situated in Port Augusta region, this greenhouse is manufactured to solve the problem about Scorching summer temperatures and arid area. it alternates all of pivotal elements in common agroecosystem, such as ground water, pesticide, fertilizer and even soil can be interchanged by coconut husk because there is no any plant or crop can be planted on that marginal soil like desert. That a 20-hecatare field is irrigated by desalinated seawater. A solar-powered desalination,23.000 sunlight-reflected mirror toward a 115-meter high receiver tower, reduce the acidity of seawater and supply fresh water to the crops through the pipe particularly tomatoes and produce approximately 39 megawatts energy. This panel also acts as heater control and keep the favorable temperature for the crop inside greenhouse. The Harvested tomatoes from 18.000 trees have started being sold in nearest supermarket.

Initiated by Sundrop Farm Australia, Philipp Saumweber as its CEO, this greenhouse was purposed to clear up and energy-limed resources such as fossil fuel. Furthermore, it is also relied to diminish the emission exhausted by usual factory related solar reservoir, although it is more economically high-cost namely $ 200 million for all infrastructures. according to Saumweber "the cost will pay off long-term".
PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Hello Ifan,

... and officially launched yesterday which was seawater greenhouse.

situated in Port Augusta region [your sentence not complete] , this greenhouse is ...

ThatThis a 20-hecatare field is ...

This panel also acts as heater to control and keep ...

... solar reservoir, although it is was more economically ...

hope these help

Home / Writing Feedback / First farm to grow veg in a desert using only sun and seawater by Alice Klein