First letter to my pen pal; IELTS TASK 1

Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
You are writing your first letter to a pen pal. Describe your previous studies and work experience, your current activities, hobbies and interests.
Tell your pen pal that you will be visiting him/her.

Dear Eric,

I hope this find you and your family doing good. Hope you could remember me through our meeting at London for an international science seminar a month ago.

I am writing to extend our relationship by knowing each other in a better manner. To let you know about me, I am a Software Engineer by profession and completed my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science by 2005 summer. I am working as a senior database administrator in which I have good experience for the past 7 years.

In addition, I am currently organizing environmental awareness programs within Singapore. I wonder whether you got a chance to hear about us in BBC news channel for our better achievement in expanding green space and reducing garbage.

Normally I spend most of my leisure time in planting sampling and encouraging the same to our locals.
By the way I am coming to your place next Monday. Hope to see you again.

Ring to my phone number mention below.

With best wishes,
Arun
devabe2005 46 / 97  
Hi,

Overall good letter.

Some problem in this i think "To" should not come first
To let you know about me

correct,
Let you know about me
Let give detailed description about me

All the best!
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks a lot Dev :)
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai Arun...

As dev told you overall good attempt..
But i feel..
The last para ...your interest and hobbies is little bit less...only one sentance, in one para is not good. Write little bit more...

Tessy
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks Tessy. will come up with next essay or letter.
I hope this find you

I hope this finds you ... I hope these find you

Hope you could remember me through our meeting atin London for anat the international science seminar a month ago.

... it's a specific event that two of you met. So you need to refer to that... that's why "the" instead of "an"

I am writing to extend our relationship by knowing each other in a better manner.

I thought of writing to you in hope of taking our acquaintance further to a sound friendship by knowing each other better.

completed my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science byin 2005 summer

I am working as a senior database administrator in which I have good experience for the past 7 years.

.... when you say you work for seven years that means you are well experienced. : )

I wonder whether you got a chance to hear about us in BBC news channel for our better achievement in expanding green space and reducing garbage.

Excellent!
I've given you my suggestions... It does not mean that you write bad. You do well and and handle this task easily. Good Luck with your exam!

Home / Writing Feedback / First letter to my pen pal; IELTS TASK 1