Nowadays, folk tend to shop more intense even for items which they do not really need

Lita27 16 / 21 2  
Many people buy products that they do not really need and replace old products with new ones unnecessarily.
Why do people buy things they do not really need? Do you think this is a good thing?

Globalisation and advancement of science as well as technology reshape people behaviour, including the way they purchase something. Nowadays, folk have a tendency to shop more intense even for items which they do not require. Several indicators and the impacts of this trend will be analysed.

Regarding consumerism, there are several reasons causing this trend. The first is provocative advertisements. For instance, slogans such as "I am loving it" or "Have a break, have a `Kit-Kat" which is showed repetitively in commercial breaks will encourage buyers to buy the products and they cannot resist the temptation of buying those goods. The second is influences from trendsetter or famous celebrities. People tend to follow them because they care about social status. An example of this is teenagers want to be popular. They buy the latest shoe model used by a popular celebrity. Whenever he changes his style, his fans will follow him. Those create negative trend and serious consequences may be faced by its follower.

I reckon that this is an inappropriate way of life and affects both physical and mental effects. The first impact is that it causes obesity. Because of appealing food ads, people will eat more burger, pizza and chocolate even though they do not hungry. Consumerism also leads to a psychological disorder, such as depression. London-Based psychotherapist Graham Music's research stated that people who care more about status symbols, being famous or having expensive objects, own higher possibility in experiencing mental-health problems. They are more likely to become unhappy and depress. Thus, it is clear that consumerism is harmful behaviour that is able to induce people suffering overweight and some mental illnesses.

To sum up, interesting product promotion and popular people ascendancy are two factors which results in consumerism. This sort of action is unsuitable in society since it gives dire effects on human health, such as obesity and mental disorder.
nida26 30 / 19 5  
Hi, You have a great essay. Let me give suggestion for your essay. Please correct me, if I am wrong

- folk have a tendencytend to shop
- which they do not require need
- have a `Kit-Kat" which is showedshown repetitively
- They buy the latest shoeshoes model
- sed by a popularwell-known(using "popular" is not appropriate) celebrity
- consequences may be faced by itshis(you should not write "its") follower.

Thank you
Desty22 13 / 20 1  
HI

... as well as technology reshape people behavior,

globalization era give much contribution in advanced technology and science that reshape people's behavior.

thanks

Home / Writing Feedback / Nowadays, folk tend to shop more intense even for items which they do not really need