IELTS --- Should we follow fashion trends or not?

xinbada007 1 / 1  
Topic:
Fashion trends are diffcult to follow these days and it is widely believed that they primarily exist just to sell clothes. Some people believe that we should not follow them and that we should dress in what we like. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

My Essay:
In modern society, the increasingly amounts of clothing advertisement and model show imply that fashion trends is going to be an essential factor in our life. Personally, it seems to me that it is only a promotion strategy and we should dress in what we like rather than simply follow it.

Socially speaking, everyone should have a sense of self-awareness before deciding to follow any popular trends. In other words, it is people themselves instead of designers that should choose what they wear every day. Because fashion designs primarily exist as a form of creative artistic expression of the designer. Obviously, they are not designed for a particular person or community. If one ignores this important truth, he/she would likely be a victim of fashion. Further, from a perspective of individuality, everyone has his/her own personality, identity, and preference, which leads to a diverse world. However, this diversity will significantly lose if people follow the same stylish trends and hence choose similar colour and clothing. Also, economically, following fashion trends frequently means put a heavy burden on people's budget, which is absolutely not a smart idea in today's recessionary conditions.

Admittedly, some people still believe that stylish clothing is a necessity in daily life. They argue that people should dress their up-to-date suites for formal occasions such as wedding and theatre. Also, they particular believe that fashion clothing is requirements for all singers and actors because themselves are symbols of fashion.

In conclusion, I would argue that it is unnecessary for most people to follow the latest clothing trends in their daily life. They only need to prepare several popular clothing for particular occasions. In terms of megastars, however, I believe their careers require them to put emphasis on current clothing trends.
sami talib 2 / 3  
the increasingly amounts of clothing advertisement....the increase in number of colthing advertisement or... a lot of advertisements for clothing
fashion trends is going to be an essential...fashion trends are going to be
simply follow it ...simply follow the fashion or trend
deciding to follow any popular trends ....trend
In other words, it is people themselves instead of designers...there are people themselves or they are the people
one ignores this important truth .... ignores this aspect
Further....moreover or furthermore is more appropriate word
theatre ....theater
They only need to prepare several popular clothing for particular ...it doesn't seem to be appropriate...they only need to wear trendy clothes or....they can follow the fashion on some occasions

you mentioned megastars( celebrities would be fine) in conclusion....first you should mention some points about celebrities in opinion paragraph
overall you have used relevant examples.
OP xinbada007 1 / 1  
Thanks sami talib very much.

My written is my weak point and I got 5.5 band score in writing task ...

What do you think is the urgent work I should do to raise to 6.0 in writing task?

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS --- Should we follow fashion trends or not?