[TOEFL] is following the customs of the new country better?

something 23 / 52 5  
TOPIC : When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the
customs of the new country. Others prefer to keep their own customs.
Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your
answer with specific details.

People who move to a new country will experience many things that are different from their own country. The original custom is important because it shows who you are. In the same way, atmosphere at a new place is also significant because it is a place that will became a part of your life. In my point of view, it is important to adapt themselves to be able to suitable in the new environment. This is because people have to communicate with each other and have to understand how to act to others in the new country.

First of all, first thing that people who live in the new country will face and it is not similar from their own custom is language. You can still talk by using your native language with your family. However, you have to learn new language in order to talk to others and to gain knowledge in the new environment. For example, my friend from Japan. He stays in the U.S. He learns English language. Consequently, he can speak to people in English and be able to go to study in college. Adaptation by using new language is important to communicate with other people and study in a new country.

Furthermore, knowing how to act to other people in the new counter is important. In a work field, it is matter to know that which behavior could do and which behavior cannot do when we work at new culture. For instance, when you do a business with your client in the U.S., it is important to shake hand and make eyes contact to your client when you greet your client. If you want to buy presents to give to your colleagues in the U.S., it is inappropriate to buy expensive gifts. Thus, following the new country custom is important to prevent misunderstand that could lead to problems.

In conclusion, I personally prefer that people should alter themselves when they move to the new country in order to suitable with new environment because to communicate with people in the new country. Moreover, to understand people in the new country and know how to interact in appropriate ways. People are able to survive in a new place if they know how to adapt themselves.
People who move to a new country will experience many things that are different from their own country.

.... Good hook!

The original custom is important because it shows who you are.

.... this is not very clear....
One's origin is important for him or her because it has contributed a lot for that person's identity.

In the same way, atmosphereenvironment at a new place is also significant because it is a place that will becamebecome a part of your life.

...."will become" - pay attention to this grammar fix!
In the same way, this person needs to adapt to the new environment fast because it would be the place that he or she would spend the rest of his/her life.

Home / Writing Feedback / [TOEFL] is following the customs of the new country better?