Essay about food waste in the past, present and future - introduction writing

kylianligtelijn 1 / -  
hey guys,

I need to write an essay about food waste in the past, present and future. This is my introduction I have so far. I have no idea if this is an correct introduction. Correct me in every possible way :)

INTRODUCTION
Almost everyone who ate something, wasted some food every now and then. But the food waste problem is worse than ever before. Back in the days people just could not afford to waste food. And even though it happened, they managed to solve it. The waste managing now is different from the past. And how will the food waste problem decrease in the future and what kind of solutions will we use in the future?
faizunaa17 49 / 91  
Hello kylian

For introductory sentence i have some idea to create introduction.

1. Explain many people views today about food waste. You can find it in google or some articles, better if the research paper that contain about people's opinion. So, let's start your essay with today condition.

Maybe you can start with :

Recent studies shows that food waste production reach..... percent and it bring some negative impact such as ....... //

Nowadays, Many people argue that food waste tend to bring drawbacks such as........

2. After that, add some information about the past and the future. You also can found it in the internet. Because it is the introduction part, you just explain a little or in other words just give the overview about food waste in the past and future. It is not problem if you use your own-opinion, but better if you can explain based on the data or some research or some expertise opinion.

You just mention like that :

In my opinion, food waste will be reduce in the future because.......
Based on Professor xxxxxxx research, it has shown that ..........

3. After you bring all information, MAKE COMPARISON. You can give your argument here, both positive and negative aspect. Just a few explanation about your opinion about food waste comparison between those times.

4. Then, after the introduction, you can divided your explanation into three parts. Part one is about the past, part two is about present, and part three is about future. It can make your essay well-arranged.

5. In the last, you can give conclusion and your suggestion.

I hope this can be useful for you.
Sincerely,
Faiz
Hi Kylian. I think I can help you create a stronger introduction. Here is what I am thinking:

Food has become synonymous with waste over the decades. The uncontrollable gluttony of man has created a food wastage epidemic that has run unchecked for many decades now. With the lack of food supply plaguing other nations, it seems illogical for any country to be experiencing a problem with food wastage management. Historically, man has always been able to properly address possible and effective solutions to this problem. Now, as we move forward in the 21st century, the time has come to update the food wastage management programs and offer new solutions to the problem for future generations to implement. This essay shall take a historical look into the foundation and future of food waste management. What was its past? How is it dealt with at present? Does it look like we are nearing a sustainable solution in the future?

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about food waste in the past, present and future - introduction writing