Forbid smoking in public spots to be able to breathe clean, fresh air.

Hadiyati Fudla 9 / 14 3  
Smoking not only harms the smoker, but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Smoking in public area is an on going and pervasive hurdle in our society, and it leads an argument that smoking must be banned in the public space. Regarding to this issue, I firmly agree with the prohibition idea owing to unhealthy environment and contributing in air pollution.

There is no doubt that every person has a right to do some activities which can support their life included smoking. This is because for some people, smoking can be their best booster. This statement parallel with the contemporary survey conducted by BBC News found that 87% smoker in the United Kingdom do smoking because they want to get rid of their bad mood, while the rest say owing to their habit.

However, it does not mean that we can let the smoker to smoke whereever they want. People who smoke in public location will damage not only their own health but to the passive smoker around them as well. As such the cigarette smoke which content of numerous damaging substance can spread along and the accumulating will result lung cancer. Furthermore, smoking in the public place can make the air pollution increase dramatically. Thus, it is clear that smoke in the public area will cause such harmful effects.

The aforementioned evidence shows while this issue leads some dangers to both active and passive smokers, and also be one of the predominant factor causes air pollution. I would argue that a legal punishment from the government also play a tremendous role. It is imperative that if there is no clear restrictive obligation to active smokers, those bad effects will get worse.
Hi Hadiyati, first of all WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, I hope you find this website helpful in your writing needs as well as an outlet in engaging to fellow students and writers. We will provide you with unbiased and objective criticism in order for you to get better at what you do, may it be writing article, essay, analysis and all other writing pieces.

Now, upon reading your essay, I must say is is written fairly well, it has the contents asked from the prompt and it definitely has that argumentative idea. You have set your point straight on and it is a very good approach to writing. You were able to showcase the good and bad effects of smoking as well as your stand point on the issue. What I liked about it is that you were also able to incorporate facts gathered by reputable sources of information such as BBC, this is a great start towards writing, this just goes to show that you take extra mile in expressing your ideas and not rely on the books and your regular research.

Furthermore, you presented the essay in a formal way, maximum number of paragraphs has been observed and most of all, you let your idea and your view on the matter, stand out, you want to be heard through your writing and this is just what you did.Keep up the good job.

Home / Writing Feedback / Forbid smoking in public spots to be able to breathe clean, fresh air.