"Forced volunteerism" First paragraph of governors school essay - let me know how to make it better

heyyyschool 1 / -  
What exactly is forced volunteerism? Forced volunteerism is when someone does not willingly volunteer, but instead is required to do so by a higher power. It's something that's being introduced to many high school students as a requirement to graduate. The dictionary defines volunteer as a verb which means to "freely offer to do something," so forced volunteerism is practically an oxymoron. It's not possible to freely offer if you are being forced. The question then becomes a matter of if forced volunteerism is truly volunteerism or not. Well, by definition the answer to that is no, but that does not limit the beneficial results of students being required to spend their time helping others.
M3L1 26 / 6 11  
What exactly is forced volunteerism exactly is ?

It's something that'sbeingbeen introduced to many high school ...
The dictionary defines volunteer as a verb which means to "freely offering to do something," so forced ...
It's not possible to be freely offered if you are being forced.

Suggestion : NEVER shorten the words.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Forced volunteerism" First paragraph of governors school essay - let me know how to make it better