Is foreign language important for children? When to start teaching them?

irhame 52 / 50 25  
All children should study a foreign language in school, starting in the earliest grades.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Language is the most predominant key for education. As such, learning foreign language is an obligation for whole students in elementary school. Although there are many pros and contras in this case, I strongly believe that a new tongue is essential today for earliest grades.

Elementary students have to focus on studying their basic languages and do not concentrate on learning a new tongue as study foreign language in the primary school will disturb students' patterns in speaking their main language such as Malaysia's students who learn English have difficulty to speak "melayu" well. As a result, schoolchild could not make a good communication in their society.

...
Stacy Handayani 29 / 16 19  
Hello Mr. Irham, I have some correction. Hope it will help you :)

... an obligation for whole students in elementary school [why? ]. Although there are many pros and contrascons [what pros and cons? ]. in this case, I strongly believe ...

... do not concentrate on learning a new tongue as studystudying foreign language in the primary ....

However, there are many reasons why student should study foreign tongue is important for children. First of all, student can fast memorizing fastly because researchers hashad explained that child can memorize new words faster and quicker such asthan most of adults as they admit that they little bit havehave a little bita problem in memorizing, it does not like when they were child. In addition, this learning language needs a lot of time as new tongue need more time for adaptation. Take an example, Indonesian student who want study in Germany, they should take one year for German class before entering university. [it is better for you to give result and conclusion here ]

To sum up, lesson oflearning new language is important for all children especially starting at elementary school. Although it can disturb basic language of students, it could be helpful for student learning it more quickly and fastfaster adaptation. It is imperative that the second language is substantial for every student.

Home / Writing Feedback / Is foreign language important for children? When to start teaching them?