IELTS TASK 1: Forested area covered over different continents in the world (Table)

vhn 1 / -  

IELTS TASK 1: Forested land (Table)

The table shows forested land in millions of hectares in different parts of the world.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

MY ESSAY:

The table provides information on the forest area covered by six different continents in the world in 1990, 2000 and 2005.

Overall, the hectares in millions of forest area in Europe were not only the most largest in 2005, but the only constantly increasing category over the period in question. It is not surprsing that the gap between six categories had expanded over span of 15 years, starting from 1990.

The European forest area was the highest throughout the period, rising from 989 million hectares in 1990 to 1001 million in 2005. Besides, having plummeted in the first ten years, the forest land in Asian reached a trough of 570 million hectares in 2000 before recovering to 584 million in 2005.

On the other hand, there was a considerable drop in the forest area of the remainder ( Africa, North America, Oceania and South America) of 58 million hectares, 3 million, 2 million and 64 million in the order given from 1990 to 2005. Despite witnessing a remarkable fall from 708 million hectares to 705 million between 1990 and 2000, the forest land in North America experienced a period of stability from 2000 onwards.
banafsheh 1 / 2 1  
the hectares in millions ... use this: the forest area in Europe (in millions of hectares)
The European forest area was the highest: an area could not be highest, you can use: the portion of land area covered by forests .... Or sth like that

in the order given from 1990 to 2005: use respectively instead!
the highest most largest is wrong: write largest
a remarkable fall from 708 million hectares to 705: I am not sure if it is remarkable!
surprising: correct your spelling
the gap between the six categories
over a span of 15 years/ over span of 15 years is a better choice
the forest land in Asian
add a comma: America, Oceania and, South America

Dear vhn, you can use "grammar" to prevent your common misspelling and typo errors.
Pao Thang 2 / 3  
I think that's a good essay but you need to make your grammar structure more varied and take note of: remainder ( Africa,..) -> (Africa,..) - there is no space.
The presentation is questionable at best. There is a lack of information accuracy ( there is no image for comparison provided for this review). Your references may be incorrect (Asian = Asia). You are using redundant information ( more largest, largest would have been more proper). There is no actual evidence provided to add authority to your claim that there was a plummet over a decade.

You should have just used a 3 paragraph comparison for this essay rather than the forced 4 paragraph presentation. A paragraph has a minimum of 3 sentences, not 2 sentences. That is why those sentences do not appear to be fully developed in the eyes of the reader. There seems to be missing information there. However, had you combined that into a single paragraph, it would have been a fully developed paragraph presentation.
Khansahab - / 2  
Check your grammar and use the significantly and other phrases like although and meanwhile , it will help you to score well.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: Forested area covered over different continents in the world (Table)