"Forget How to Remember" - College Essay Idea Rough Draft

D Kneco 1 / -  
Forget How to Remember
As I sit on the pavement, staring blankly at the bikers riding around me, they began to stir up a wind every time they pass me. A wind so strong, it lifts me up and brings me back to a time much simpler than this.

I never learned how to ride a bike, so I envy those who make sport of the activity. I envy them for the simple task of their knowledge. I envy them for their ability to never forget; how after years pass, they can jump back on and take off.

I never learned how to ride a bike; my training wheels were removed too soon. With them, I would venture to the unknown, while carrying a silent joy as the wind caressed my face. Without them, I wobbled uncontrollably for what seemed a lifetime.

Others watched on the edge of their seat, knowing what was going to happen; they knew the ending I would see. As I fell, I remember this feeling of no control, as is someone else had taken the handles and were leading me down I path I did not want to venture.

I laid on the indifferent concrete in stupor. As I watched my blood flow down into the cracked pavement, I just knew my courage flowed with it. I realized that while others will never forget how to ride a bike, I would never forget the pain the fall caused.

My training wheels, the ones that gave me support, were removed quickly. In their place, I carry fear, which gives support; the support of a wall that I back into with no intentions of going forward.

I barley remember how the wind would touch my face gently, while whispering soft words into my ear. I sometimes forget the control I possessed over the bike. However, I will never forget my painful journey towards the earth. I will carry it with me for as long as I continue to remember.
...began to stir up a wind every time they passed me. It was a wind so strong, it lifted me up and brings me back to a time much simpler than this.

I never learned how to ride a bike, so I envy those who make sport of the activity. ----wow, there is something excellent about this sentence. Very good.

Also, if you want to ride a bike, just do it. As an adult, you can figure it out easily! :-)

Oh... now I see that this is poetry.Poetry disguised as an essay.

This is so good, perhaps the best thing anyone has ever written. ;-) I like everything about it. I only hope it is right for the essay prompt they give you on the application. I hope you keep writing!!

Home / Writing Feedback / "Forget How to Remember" - College Essay Idea Rough Draft