IELTS TASK 2 essay: fossil fuel-based cars VS electric cars, which are more environmentally friendly

tranle 1 / 1  
Hello everyone I'm going to take my Ielts test this August and currently cramming for the test TT
My desired band score in Writing is 6.5+ and I would be very grateful if anyone could help me score this essay and give valuable advices.

Thanks in advance

All cars that burn fossil fuels should be banned and electric cars should replace them.

Do you agree or disagree?

It is said that there should be a ban on fossil fuel-based cars and people should be introduced to those running on electricity. I personally disagree with this statement because electric cars are expensive and often cause inconvenience to users for charging time.

Although cars powered by electricity are more environmentally friendly since they only need electricity to provide power and release no exhaust fumes, these vehicles are often sold with costly prices. Many people who have low incomes found electric cars to be unaffordable since these automobiles usually cost considerably higher price to purchase. This fact results in individuals struggling to purchase and maintain their own car to travel daily. For instance, in order to buy an electrically powered car, it cost around $19000 higher, on average, than its equivalent conventional car.

Another reason that can be justified is that time spent on charging could make commuting more inconvenient. If commuters are in a hurry and their cars run out of battery accidentally, a significant amount of precious time will be wasted on charging the vehicles. Such cars would be considered as a nuisance and, consequently, likely be refused by a number of people to drive them daily. For example, my friend was once reprimanded by his teacher for being late for an extra class due to his automobile's required charging time when traveling from his school.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that people should not be banned from driving gasoline-powered cars and accept electric ones as alternatives regarding the financial burden as well as troubles from battery charging time that electric-powered cars create. Each individual should be free to make their choice about which type of vehicles to purchase and run depending on their salary and preferences.
ban on fossil fuel-based cars

This reference is a direct cut and paste from the original prompt. As you cannot use cut and paste or memorized words in this presentation, expect scoring deductions because of it.

I personally disagree with this statement because ... for charging time.

Excellent work. You clearly provided an opinion and 2 summarized supporting reasons. These will help your score immensely.

I strongly believe

No need to use an emotional presentation. This is not an emotional response or extent essay. A simple restatement will suffice.

as well as troubles from battery charging time that electric-powered cars create

This is a seperate idea and should be written as a separate sentence. Combining it in this sentence removed the clarity of the thought presentation.

While there are a few accidental errors in your presentation, I attribute that to your self-study method. Overall though, you made an excellent effort and, with proper guidance, can pass the test.
@tranle
You can use the word 'eco-friendly ' instead of ' environmentally friendly '
OP tranle 1 / 1  
@phuongtrang56780
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. I will practice more base on your advice.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 essay: fossil fuel-based cars VS electric cars, which are more environmentally friendly