Four Ways to Tell If Your Roommate Is Using Your Computer without Permission

hirani03 36 / 50 5  
This summary is based on an article from wired.com, written by Michael Duran in August 2016. The title is how to tell if your roommate is using your computer.

This is article based on a reality while lived with another one in the same room. It called roommate. It can be one or more roommates. Talking about housemates, sometimes make someone happy, nice, and annoyed, worry and so on. It depends on the behavior of roommates.

They can eat the food, wear the clothes and sometimes scream loudly. Not only food and clothes, they can also use laptop or desktop with or without permission, even the password already set. There are the safe ways to keep the laptop or compute sleuth out.

1. Checking the Logs
The easiest method to know an assumed illicit user is to let the computer in sleep condition. When it leaved, check the "wake" log events when you get back. If you notice logged events for those times, that is a sign that somebody already used the machine.

According to Durian (2016), there are some ways which can be utilized to detect the computer from peculiar user. For Windows users, open the Event Viewer. Search in the Windows Log menu item on the right side. Right click on Systems, and finally you are able to see all activity on your computer. For Mac users, pursue the Console app, which you can use to view your logs. When it opens, you are capable of seeing "All Messages," and you scroll up to go back in time.

2. Checking Browser History
Smart roommates will delete their browser history when they're done doing in a web browser. But they could just be common sense enough to either delete only their own activity or use a private browser session. In this case, you can undertake setting up a web service, called OpenDNS. That is free for personal use. From your home network, it logs every web URL visited.

3. Software Solutions
You can catch the illegal user by using the Prey application. The software can track multiple devices, including Windows PCs, Macs, Android phones, and iOS devices. The software can inform where the device is located, send alert messages, lock the screen, and more over receive a snap of the person using your device. Try Elite Keylogger for Macs or Revealer Keylogger for Windows.

4. Using Cameras
If you dare to be extreme, you can use a secret web camera. The camera will allow you to see a live stream which is connected to your phone. The well-known indoor security camera is sold for $199 right now.

Link: wired.com/2016/08/tell-roommate-using-computer/
Ilmi_03 47 / 69 11  
Hi, Hikuma :)

The article is based on the reality of a person who shared a room with others. It is called roommate that can be one or more.

... make someone happy, nice, and annoyed, worry and so on. It depends on his roommate's behavior . They can eat the food together , wear the same clothes and sometimes scream loudly. Moreover, they can use laptop or ...
Fadhilahumar91 61 / 73 6  
hi,,,

... an article from wired.com, which is written by Michael Duran ...

It depends on the behavior of roommate's behaviour. .
Not only food and clothes, but also they can also use laptop or desktop ...
There are the safe ways to keep the laptop ...
user by using the P prey application.
he software can inform where the device is located

thank you
ayu sasmita08 5 / 6 3  
hai hirani..
i have some correction for you...

there some articles miss on your writing :
- This is an article based...
- Talking about the housemates,
- ... can also use a laptop or ...

(pay more attention to your proposition and please concern to set your 'verb'
- ... logged events forof those times,
- ... when they're done doing in a web browser.
- ... and more over (DO NOT SEPARATE IT receive a snap ...
Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
Hi hirani,

- This is article based on a reality while lived with another onewhich people live in the same room. It is called roommate.
- Sometimes make someone happy, nice, and annoyed, worry and so on. It depends on the behavior of the roommates.
- Not only food and clothes, they canbut also use laptop or ...
There are thesome safe ways to keep the ...
- ... an assumed illicit user is to letby letting the computer in sleep condition
- ... their browser history when they're(better to writethey areso you can get two words) done doing in a web browser.

Hopefully it helps. Keep Writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Four Ways to Tell If Your Roommate Is Using Your Computer without Permission