The free movement, is it necessary for economy or not?

Abrahamlincoln 54 / 56  
The free movement of goods across national borders has long been a controversial issue. Some people argue that it is necessary for economic growth, while others claim that it damages local industries. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. You should write at least 250 words.

Some people have a tendency that free trade agreement among countries will threaten local industries. I keenly agree with such opinion that free flow of goods is one the principal of international trade that should be supported due to its merit. These will be obviously explained in the paragraphs below.

On the one hand, I agree that free flow of goods among countries will beat local products. Since local brands cannot rival with exported products which have better standard and more economical price. Therefore, the foreign goods are readily absorbed in the local market. For example foreign country has been producing LED TV with advanced technology as well as it is more affordable than home country products. When the products are exported to the domestic market, people tend to choose those products rather than domestic brands due to its quality and cost.

Apart from previous explanations, I more like to agree that free trade agreement is necessary for those who are willing and eager to have the more competitive market. Having aggressive market competition is compulsory in order industries perform more competitive. It aims to provide an array of alternative and affordable products for the customers, for instance, it helps buyers to choose the best products with cheaper quality.

In conclusion, while free trade agreement certainly beat local industries. I extremely believe that free flow of goods has more upsides than its drawbacks. In my opinion, free movement of goods across national borders has long a great idea to create the competitive market.

NOTE: Fell free to writing any comment, it must be followed by clear explanation
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Lincoln.
In this meeting with you, I only focus on contents of your essay. Please, meet my notes and deal with them.

Some people have a tendency that free trade

SOME ARE LIKELY TO STATE FREE TRADE
Actually "have a tendency" and "BE likely to" virtually have the same meaning. However, you should order the word more proper. Its way is rereading your sentence. Make sure yourself whether that is proper or not.

Some people argue that it is necessary for economic growth

when you wanna paraphrase statements of the question, you must do it totally. You did not include the first opinion of people.

I agree that free flow of goods among countries will beat local products

Be careful of the prompts in the question. You should not directly seem your position in the statement because the task response asks you to discuss two opinions. You are supposed to focus reviewing the reason why the matter can raise the economics and beat the local products. Because the prompt also asks your opinion personally, you can display at the last sentence in the body paragraph.

For example foreign country has been producing LED TV with advanced technology ...

The example of countries which you mean should be mentioned to strengthen your opinion. It is going to seem the layman's opinion.

to have the more competitive market

you should mention the point of the second opinion, the economic growth. After that, you reveal the reason why can raise the economics pace. Actually, you have had the reason, but you have to demonstrate that with the better flow so that readers know its topic idea.

has more upsides than its drawbacks

As we know, the question does not ask you to explain advantages and disadvantages. It will make you out of your topic.

Keep Fighting
GOOD LUCK

Home / Writing Feedback / The free movement, is it necessary for economy or not?