Free trade across countries. Tuesday, October 4, 2016

erwiin1 9 / 17  
The free movement of goods across national borders has long been a controversial issue. Some people argue that it is necessary for economic growth, while others claim that it damages local industries.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion. You should write at least 250 words.

Free trade across countries has long been a polemic issue. Many people believe that it is necessary for economic development. Just the same, others argue that free trade threatens local industries, both small, medium, and large industries. In this essay, I will discuss both views and state my own position.

People who support the free trade argue each country has the advantage that distinguishes the country from each other. For example, Indonesia as a maritime country has the advantage of marine products. Tuna fish, lobster, and seaweed exported to other countries that do not have a lot of marine products. The price of Indonesia's marine products become cheaper than local prices in export destination countries. This trade provides benefits for both countries.

Meantime, opponents of free trade claim that the unrestricted movement of goods and services causes damage to local industries. Free trade cause prices of imported goods become cheaper. People prefer cheap imported goods with the same quality as domestic goods. This phenomenon led to reduced demand for domestic goods and adversely affected the local industries. This condition causes the slowdown of economic growth, increased percentage of unemployment, and declining state revenues from taxes.

In conclusion, free trade has its advantages and disadvantages for the economy of the country. It may be a factor supporting economic growth. On the other hand, if it is not controlled by the regulator, then it becomes a disaster that led to the economic slowdown. Even though almost all countries have free trade, I believe that the government of each country has set up a policy to save the economy of their country.
sasariri 17 / 25  
Hi Erwiin1..
I have a correction for you writing.

paragraph 2
Tuna fish, lobster, and seaweed were exported to other countries ...
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Erwin..
these below are my suggestions for your essay. Hopefully, my notes can help you

others argue that free trade threatens local industries, both small, medium, and large industries(It's not essential)

In this essay, I will discuss both views and state my own position.

The thesis statement is one or two sentences which describe what you are gonna explain in the body paragraph. Each opinion can be presented by one or two words so that readers can get description briefly.

each country has the advantage that distinguishes

EACH COUNTRY HAS A PRODUCT CHARACTERISTIC DISTINGUISHING.....
(you should harness words appropriately to describe what you mind.)

Free trade cause prices of imported goods become cheaper.

THE FREE TRADE MAKES PRICES OF IMPORTED GOODS CHEAPER.
(You should review difference between use of cause and make)

This condition causes

(Avoid repetition. You harness word "cause" more times.)

then it becomes a disaster that led to the economic slowdown

(verb Agreement... A DISASTER THAT LEDS TO.. You explain a fact if you should the present tense)

Home / Writing Feedback / Free trade across countries. Tuesday, October 4, 2016