Freedom to choose university subjects

angga93 42 / 74 20  
Some people think that all university students should study whaever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.

Discuss both these views and giveyour own opinion.

Students should have a freedom to choose their own education subject. However, some people argue that university students have to be forced to study certain considered useful subjects. I strongly object that atitude because in my view every subject is is worthy to be learne, especially when it matches with passion.

In this globalising era, some field of studies such as science and technology are standout due to the high demand of graduates from these subjects in many institutions. Therefore, society tend to force their children who will attend college to choose particular field of study even though those youngsters are not passionated of it. According to those people, studying high-demanded subjects will make students' future is brighter as they will easily find a well-paid occupation. Overall, restriction in the choice of study is one of some efforts to achieve a good quality of life in the future.

From my point of view, it is true that studying subjects which are desirable by many institutions in this era will rise the probability of being hired in prestigeous companies. However, students who do not have passion about those particular subjects will waste their time in university. The cause is they do not feel engaged to their study so that they lack incentive and their study process will not efficient.

The best decision in education subjects is following own desire. When students happily study a subject, they will absorb information fastly and effectively. This results in a huge improvement of their skills which is very useful for their future career. If students are passionated about one less-demanded subject, after graduation they can create job opportunities for people who have the same desire. Thus, in the future they can work together in pleasure. All in all, it is clear that following passion to determine study field is beneficial.

In conclusion, although choosing potential education fields for future high-salary job may be useful for same people, studying subject in passion is more advantageous. In my view, students shuld be allowed to choose any subjects they want as long as they take it seriously.
First paragraph
- Students should have athe freedom
- to choose their own education subject .
- consideredconsiderably useful subjects.
- I strongly object that atitudepoint of view
- because in my viewI believe every
- to be learned ,
- especially when it matchesis coupled with passion.

- In this globalisingglobalized era,
- some fields of studies
- who willto attend
- college toand choose a - those youngsters are not passionated ofthey are not passionate about it.
- According to thosesome ( you don't have any reference to "those" people so it will not be appropriate to use "those" ) people, - studying a high-demanded subjects will

- make students'( an apostrophe is not necessary on the word "students" ) the students future
- is brighter

Hi Angga, I hope thie modifications above are useful and please follow through when you do the revision.

Home / Writing Feedback / Freedom to choose university subjects