Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

More and more frequent phenomenon of having two cars in a household.

irhame 52 / 50 25  
A comparison of percentage of car ownership in the U.K between 1971 and 2007, a 36-year period is illustrated in the line chart. Overall, the chart shows some changes. In any case, while the percentage of owner one car dominated in the question period, people who have two cars witnessed a significant increase.

There are some moderate alterations in the first 8 years. From 1971 to 1979, even though the proportion of owner more than three cars increased slightly from 1% up to 2 % users, a dramatic rise was shown by people who have two cars between 7 percent and 10 percent. Meanwhile, although the figure for owner one car remained stable about a quarter, the percentage of people who had not car fell steadily from 49%, which was the highest proportion in this timetable, down to the same as figure as one car's percentage in 1979.

A more detailed look at the chart reveals that some significant changes happened in the following years. While the percentage of people who had three cars and above jump gradually to 2003 at 6 percent, the remained unchanged was still experienced by the proportion of owner a car. Interestingly, even though the figure for owner a couple cars increased dramatically and the percentage of people who had no car dropped sharply. Both categories had similar percentage at 25 percent. What is more, while the proportion for owner three or more cars reported a slowly growth only one percent, others flattened out.

Home / Writing Feedback / More and more frequent phenomenon of having two cars in a household.