A 'fresh crisis' is probably a hardship or an obstacle that we have to overcome

Hafsa257 7 / 21  

Each fresh crisis we encounter is an opportunity in disguise

A 'fresh crisis' is probably a hardship or an obstacle that we have to overcome but this is what we think if we look at the negative point of view. From a positive perspective it could be said that instead of thinking of it as a hardship think of it as an opportunity. Of course when one is in the middle of a problem they might not be able to think this but there always is something good about it.

To prove this my example will be the new crisis that came upon the world 'COVID-19'. Everyone is stressed upon the fact that they might die or lose their family and friends. Nobody goes outside anymore. Everyone stays home from fear and anxiety. People say things like ' what good can this virus bring' or ' how can we look at the positive side at such a time' and I might agree with them but I won't because I realized that there are opportunities even in this crisis.

For example, the fact that the children didn't talk to their parents, uninterested in family affairs and were total freeloaders got the opportunity of becoming closer to their parents. Another example would be the decreasing of environmental pollution; animals came out of their homes, the sky and sea are much more clear and the ozone layer is healing. People would say that the ozone layer would never heal but now it is healing.

It's hard to believe in this statement but the harder we think the faster we will realize that it is true.
What I immediately noticed with your essay is the creative title that you gave it. Never lose that gift. It is the title that will first catch the reader's eye and, if found to be interesting enough, will be the most useful hook that the essay can give the reader. Excellent word choice. It is simple, but effective. Try to kick up your English vocabulary a notch. Aim for intermediate word usage so you can grow you simplistic vocabulary to a step above.

You have to learn when to use commas to help create a more readable sentence. A comma is often used:
-After an introductory element (So, To prove this)
- When writing a series of connected words as a successive list (Oxford comma)

Properly placed in sentence usage, it can be effectively used to create effective pauses in a sentence:
-For example, the fact that the children didn't talk to their parents, uninterested in family affairs, and were total freeloaders, got the...
- ...sea are much more clear , and the ozone layer ...

The above examples use an Oxford comma.

Do not use a semi-colon in the part that indicates: ... environmental pollution; animals... That should use a colon instead.

The following are questions, not things people said. These are things people asked and should use a question mark at the end of every sentence:

- what good can this virus bring
- how can we look at the positive side at such a time

What and how connote questions. You cannot agree with questions. However, you can ask the same questions or, you can give responses to the hypothetical questions.

When a person thinks, he will not have a "faster" truth. Rather, he will have a "realization" only. You can instead say, "... the more we will realize..." More connotes an addition of realization.
OP Hafsa257 7 / 21  
Thank you for your feedback. In my previous essay I made the same mistake of not putting the commas in the right places but I will try harder next time not to repeat this mistake.

Home / Writing Feedback / A 'fresh crisis' is probably a hardship or an obstacle that we have to overcome