Should fresh graduates continue their study to the next level?

Imaduddinnst 3 / 2  
Nowadays it is better for young people to continue their study for master or doctoral degree rather than to work. To what extent do you agree or disagree on this statement. Put reasons for answer and kindly include any relevant examples based on your knowledge or experience.

Education is an investment for the future. Therefore, many graduates, in these days, are keen to continue their study to the next level (master or doctoral degree), instead of looking for a prestigious company to start their career as well as increase work experience. Although some people disagree with this development, I would argue that this positive trend will give some benefits for young people.

...
lightfox 3 / 27 24  
Critics to thisthe idea of postbaccalaureate program claim that young people who start their career soon after graduation may earn much more money rather than people who decide to continue to pursue their study, sincebecause they believe that havingmaking money after graduation daygraduating is the fastest way to be a successful person in this life. In this way, fresh graduates , as critics point out, can have their own place to live such as a house(saying "own place to live and house in the same sentence is redundant, since they basically mean and do the same thing) and also fulfill their needs independently. After that, they can start to build a new family. Therefore, there is no doubt that having a job after graduation hascan improved lives in many ways and this wouldcould not have been possible without deciding first whether to continue studying or join the company.

On the other hand, I personally believe that the earlier students study at the Master or Doctoral level, the brighter their futuresiswill be . Firstly, many students usually do not really concern themselves on deciding on their job definition until the senior year. Thus in many cases,, which is why going to masters after graduation helps in choosing a proper career path. During the masters students get more reasonsprovide themselves with more incentives and opportunities to focus on career options ahead due to their increase in maturity, which means that they now are aware of the adult life lying ahead . Secondly, being a fresh graduate, it will bewill help students request for financial aid more easily from schools or other institutionseasier to ask to the schools or other institutions for a scholarship,sincebecause they are more likely unable to finance their study by themselves. So they canThis will prompt them to study their master or doctoral level with full concentration to each course they would take.

All in all, while this trend has a negative impact, there are several merits that overweigh the drawbacks . I think people have to consider carefully the options they provide themselves with before they decide whether theyto either study again or start to facefacing the real world challenges head on .

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Should fresh graduates continue their study to the next level?