IELTS: FRESH WATER SUPPLY

kace 2 / 3  
Some people think that we can use as much fresh water as we want. Others think that fresh water supply should be controlled strictly by government as the sources are limited. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Fresh water consumption has become a major concern all over the world due to the decreasing supply of fresh water from its sources over the past several years. Some people believe that fresh water can be used as much as people want. However, others contend that the government should impose strict regulations in order to control the use of fresh water as its supply has gradually depleted.

Admittedly,people need fresh water for their survival. It is used for every person's water consumption and it is also an essential component in the production of various goods. In addition, irrigation systems and other industries are using this resource in their processes. It is clear that people have been using fresh water lavishly to satisfy their needs. Although fresh water is readily available for humans, wasteful use of its supply should be discouraged.

The government's role is vital for the conservation of fresh water. Fresh water sources have immensely reduced over the past years due to several reasons. One of which is the increase of human population which led to a significant rise of water consumption globally. Another reason is climate change which resulted to the melting of fresh water sources such as icebergs and icecaps. It also led to the contamination of fresh water sources such as lakes, streams and ponds because of the rise of sea level. It is important to realize that if this vicious cycle continues, fresh water shortage will soon be felt. Therefore, the government should take drastic measures to conserve the remaining fresh water reserves, and this can be done through imposing strict rules and regulations in the use of fresh water.

In conclusion, fresh water is indispensable in the lives of humans and therefore should be valued and conserved. Because a lot of people are practicing wasteful use of fresh water, its supply should be strictly controlled by the government for the benefit of everyone.

Please let me know your comments. Thanks!
brisky 5 / 13 2  
you got points. good for that. but you need to work on ur grammar
fikri 5 / 317 71  
here, you have an essay which contains two different opinions, to connect the second and the third paragraph,you should put a connector which is appropriate such as 'however' 'on the other hand' and the others which show contrast
ammus1 10 / 29  
Hai friend, better to write ur opinion in the introduction itself, it would increase your score.

... This is a pretty good intro as you take a good entrance to your essay and introduce the background of the issue effectively. However, you should have stated your opinion before you concluded the intro.
The government's role is vital in the efforts of conservingconservation of fresh water. Fresh water sources have immensely reduced over the past years due to several reasons. One of which is the increase of human population which led to a significant rise of water consumption globally. Another reason is climate change which resulted to the melting of fresh water sources such as icebergs and icecaps. It also led to the contamination of fresh water sources such as lakes, streams and ponds because of the rise of sea level.(well, you opened the para saying that government has a big role to play in conserving water. Then you again switched to the reasons. That's not a good approach. You now need to say how governments role becomes important and what role it should play.)
OP kace 2 / 3  
Hi Dumi! Thank you so much for your feedback. I'll be putting these in mind next time :) I really have a hard time in making sentences in order.. They just don't connect no matter how hard I try!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: FRESH WATER SUPPLY