Letter to a friend asking for help with translation of documents

coke 14 / 28 13  

requesting friend to translate something

You need a translation of a document into a different language and you have a friend who speaks that language.
·Explain what the document is and why you need a translation
·Explain why this is urgent and important for you
·Ask your Friend if and when he/she will be able to help you

Dear Tom,

I hope you're doing well. I'm just writing to ask for your favour to translate some of my papers into Africaans.

As you've already known, my family and I are moving to South Africa and we've been required to submit a letter of interests before the Consulate of South Africa approve our application and send out an invitation to immigrate. However, they've informed us that the letter must be in English and Africaans to become eligible.

Also, we have to submit our letter before August 30th, so it's quite urgent at the moment. It won't be accepted after due day, and we'll have to start the immigration process that takes over 9 months all over again. You can see there it's very important to my family.

I know you're a master of this language so I'd be extremely grateful if you could give me a hand on this one. I'll be forever in debt to you and I'll be glad to help you with anything in the future. So, please help me with this translation.

Please give me a call as soon as possible.

All the best,

Truong
alyssa2036 6 / 19 2  
@coke

... must be in English and Africaans to become eligible.

Hai there! I honestly don't see anything wrong with your letter, but I have one small opinion on it. Since you're writing to a friend, maybe make your intro more friendly? Like you're talking and catching up with your own friend.

That's it. Other than that, you did a good job!
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@coke
Hi there. Thanks for consistently being a member of the forum. I hope you're doing well. I'll try my best to assist you in your writing endeavors.

Firstly, I find that the first sentence appears to be quite lacking in terms of appeal. I agree with the previous comment that you need to add more of a casual flair to ensure that it's a lot less formal, considering that that should be the nature of this text.

Furthermore, work on the structure of your content. This pertains to usage of punctuation to enhances the pauses and academic appropriateness of the writing. Take a look at the first sentence of the second paragraph. You should have divided your two clauses with a punctuation as to indicate a meshing together of two portions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Letter to a friend asking for help with translation of documents