Friendship and financial matters essay - money can harm relationship?

manjit809 5 / 14 2  
Can money be harmful for friendship? agree or diagree?

No doubt, humans being social animals, usually seek help from others. This assistance can be in various forms; however, financial aid can be critical sometimes specially from friends. I do affirm that money can be a troublesome factor in friendship.

Friendship is a unique relationship, though not developed through blood but is the fundamental to bring people close to each other. Nevertheless, to trust an ally to lend a big amount of money is not as easy as to break nut. Although, friends keep a good bond with each other, yet money cannot be the basis. It has been seen that whenever economical facilitation is sought, the loyalty and honesty towards alliance comes under question.

Furthermore, as the law of nature, human behavior and habits are prone to changes, so it is unpredictable when a friend back steps due to lack of accountability. Today, everything is weighed in monetary terms and the cut throat competition is urging people to find short-cuts for success. Thus, in such conditions, friendship can be sacrificed easily.

However, not everything can be put under same measurement to judge its adherence. Friendship brings the support and respect for the coalition, but up to what extent it is liable to serve fiscal needs, has to be analyzed correctly because a small mistrust can cease the bond.

Eventually, friendship should not be given extreme limits, preferably for financial matters, which requires a close attention as it may be harmful enough to never let money to anyone again.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) Your essay needs some work. I have a few suggestions. I think that you need some better reasons for your argument. It seems that you are explaining why money is bad for friendship. Your essay needs to be well organized. I would first briefly explain why friendship is so important, and how it can be difficult for one friend to have less money than the other. Sometimes, the friend with a lot of money will pay more for outings and activities, food, events, etc. Whether this is bad depends on the dynamics of the friendship. Sometimes, a friend is being very generous and they don't mind spending money. Other times, resentment may develop. One solution is: only loan money to a close friend that you truly trust. Do not lend money if it causes you to become late on your bills or unable to pay for your own goods. Also, if it is a very good friend, lend money only if you can afford for the friend not to pay it back, because it is possible that the friend may never have the extra money to pay it back. If you don't expect it back, then it is more like a gift, and the friendship will not be negatively affected.

I hope this helps! Good luck in school!!
I think that you need some better reasons for your argument. It seems that you are explaining why money is bad for friendship.

yep... you give reasons how money can affect adversly a friendship but you don't support them with examples. Give one reason and then support it with a solid example. That's more conceivable to the reader and that's the way to earn marks :)

You display good writing skills, excellent vocabulary and an interesting style of writing. Just follow the required essay structure.
OP manjit809 5 / 14 2  
thnx Jenny.. :)

I will work out on example building and will come back to you for further guidance.

Home / Writing Feedback / Friendship and financial matters essay - money can harm relationship?