Friendship issue: Money is not always harmful

JangGemini 8 / 51 12  
Borrowing money from a friend is an unavoidable situation. It is said that a friendship could be damaged or broken due to money. Personally, I agree with this statement. There are three reasons to support my opinion: superiority, resentment and failure to repay.

First of all, lending somebody money will easily leads to superiority of the lender. They will probably think they have just given someone a favor. For instance, I loan my friend some money because he/she is having financial problem. Consequently, I will be bossy and ask my friend to help me with my assignment. Every relationship is based on equality.

Secondly, people who borrow money might be unable to return. They have difficulties and sometimes they don't have the chance to explain. They need money for emergency of their families or they are unemployed. The inability to repay can get two best friends into an awkward situation and endanger their relationship.

Thus, the resentment is likely to occur. There are many circumstances that friends killed each other just because of money. Money have risked several relationships because of its power. The second reason could be the cause of anger. This is easily understandable because everyone has their own restricted tolerance.

Money is not always harmful for every friendship. Sometimes borrowing or lending money is a way to show our generosity. "A friend in need is a friend indeed". It can promote the relationships and we may take some advantages. However, I still think that money is not always safe for friendship. The superiority of the lender and the inability to give money back of the borrower will lead to resentment without difficulty.
It is said that a friendship could be damaged or broken due to money.

Since there are two sides for this argument, you better have room for the other belief too;
Many believe that a friendship could be damaged or broken when money is involved.

superiority, resentment and failure to repay.

.... I guess "ego" is a better word here :)

They will probably think they have just given someone a favor.

.. a great point.... very smart :)
They will probably think that they did a great favor to the borrower and make him feel inferior.

because he/she is having some financial problem

I will be bossy and ask my friend to help me with my assignment.

I will exploit that situation and demand my friend to help with my assignment.
hey.... that could not have been a true friendship anyway :D ...LOL
OP JangGemini 8 / 51 12  
OMG! Thank you so muchhh xD I thought no one is gonna edit this essay for me because it seems to be an old thread :< Anyway, I'm grateful to you ! :x
I thought no one is gonna edit this essay for me because it seems to be an old thread

Sorry... it caught my eyes only today while I was attending to topics of old threads :D
Sometimes the threads go just unnoticed when there are so many unanswered threads are there :)
So you deserve a few more comments:

... I'm going to re-write this with some key words;
Secondly, people who borrow money may be unable to repay. These people sometimes do not have chances to explain their difficulties; they may have borrowed money to meet some family emergency or may be they have lost the job. Even there are very valid reasons for the borrowers inability to pay on time, it may put the lender in a very uncomfortable and problematic situation. Therefore when the borrower and lender are two good friends, this type of situations invariably strain their relationship.

:D

Later is better than never :P
OP JangGemini 8 / 51 12  
So you deserve a few more comments:

=> This is an incredible luck for me xD
aww...That was nice :)
You know what? Because of your enthusiasm, I have tried to read some essays and wondered if I could help. Everyone here helps each other for nothing and that makes me really appreciate ^^ Thank you again :)

Best,
Jang

Home / Writing Feedback / Friendship issue: Money is not always harmful