"fulfilled the dreams and aspirations of him and his father" - my personal essay

RChodavadia 2 / 5  
Throughout our lives we meet and see a myriad of people. They come and go, fading into nihility and unimportance as we continue to grow. However, the few who remain challenge this fact of life and carve their own image into our persona. My father has been this image of inspiration as I have aged from a boy to an adult. Traveling from a small village in India, he had a dream not to become rich and famous, but to live a life full of happiness and blithe. He yearned not for elegance and luxury, but for a loving family with whom he could share his days. From an early age my father was the symbol of guidance and support for his younger brothers and sisters, showering his altruistic grace over his siblings as he opted to drop school in order to support them in their endeavors. And although this act of magnanimity would later come to obstruct his path to success, through hard work and dedication, my father would leap and bound over the fences of inadequacy and adversity, ultimately walking on the side of accomplishment and felicity.

It is this unbreakable resolve to strive for success that drives my own will to achieve my dreams. Although he didn't have a formal education, it is my desire to attain that for him. He has always told me to challenge myself regardless of the difficulty or struggle. Unlike other parents, he cared more for the continual demand that coexists with the harder courses rather than the grades I may receive. And in spite of the unrelenting rigor that comes with a full schedule of advanced placement classes, I have never once doubted that what I am doing is the best for myself. My father has taught me to take the rockier trail rather than the newly paved one. Even in times of hardship watching him in the hospital bed recovering from a heart attack, he continued to convey his hard working approach to life. It was these countless hours spent viewing over my father and others in pain that has left me aspiring to become a doctor, and it was his teachings and journey that have inspired my volunteer work around the community as an affiliate of many different non-profit organizations. Not only has my father influenced the morals and ethics that I adhere to, he has also left his imprint on my life, creating a person who will not labor for himself, but for others, and a person who will unceasingly challenge himself regardless of the distress, never once quitting until he has attained and fulfilled the dreams and aspirations of him and his father.
They come and go, fading into obscurity and unimportance as we continue to grow.

My father has been this image of inspiration as I have grown from a boy to an adult.

From an early age, my father was the symbol of guidance and support...

... my father would leap and bound over the fences of inadequacy and adversity, ultimately walking...This is some great writing!!

It is this unbreakable resolve to strive for success, that drives my..

Even in times of hardship, like watching him in the hospital bed recovering from a heart attack, he continued to convey his hard working approach to life.

It was these countless hours spent at the bedside of my father and others in pain that have me aspiring to become a doctor, and it was his teachings and his journey that have inspired my volunteer work around the community as an affiliate of many different non-profit organizations.----This would be better if you make a few smaller sentences, instead of this very long one.

Great essay, great ending!

Good luck in school and have fun!
:)
OP RChodavadia 2 / 5  
Thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it!

Home / Writing Feedback / "fulfilled the dreams and aspirations of him and his father" - my personal essay