[Writing task 1] The number of cars made in three countries

Tien xu 1 / 1  

The table below shows the number of cars made in three countries in 2003, 2006 and 2009.

The graph provides information about car production made in Argentina, Australia, and Thailand between 2003 and 2009.

Overall, there was a fluctuation in car quantity in Thailand and Australia. Meanwhile, Argentina tended to rise stably from year to year.

Regarding car production, Thailand made the most number of cars, but it had not a stable development. From 735,852 cars (2003) then it got the highest point at 1,162,356 one (2006). However, it dropped slightly after that with 999,963 (2009). Similarly, Australia also had the cut of making cars from 2003 to 2009. It got the highest point at 452,163 in 2003 and cut gradually in 2009 with its lowest point at 245,624.

In terms of the number of cars made in Argentina. This statistic showed a stable rise in car quantity between 2003 and 2009. In 2003, Argentina got the lowest one at 235,008 compared with other countries. However, despite dropping the number of cars made in Thailand and Australia, it also increased consistently in car quantity development, which records a high of 466,089 (2009).

Good word count. You wrote just enough words to qualify for major points consideration per grading section. There are major problems with your summary overview though. The first is that you misidentified the table as a graph, indicating an unfamiliarity with the types of images used for the task 1 essay. A table does not represent the same information as a graph. A graph shows a measurement line to indicate the number results. A table, uses rows and columns to identify specific numerical information representation. So that is a major error that will definitely result in a failing score for the summary paragraph. A summary overview also requires at least 3 sentences for a proper short form of information sharing.

Portions of the report misuse a period in the discussion. Rather than using a comma to showcase a continuing discussion, a period or full stop was accidentally used. Therefore, the GRA score will be affected in a negative manner. The use of creative sentence structuring for information presentation will definitely boost the C+C score, but may not be enough to overcome the score lowering mistakes that are present in the report.
OP Tien xu 1 / 1  
I understood, thanks for correcting my writing.
htruc2005 1 / 2  
You repeated the same sentence structure "It...." , sentences should vary in structure to get a higher score in grammar

Home / Writing Feedback / [Writing task 1] The number of cars made in three countries