'how the funding for reseach and development was allocated in the UK' - IELTS

spyrosessay 1 / -  
--------------------------IELTS TASK1 - similar to JULY 2009 , GREECE ------ See the photo attached (task 1 , diagrams).----- 20 MINUTES---

The chart illustrates how the funding for reseach and development was allocated throughtout the three-year period ranging from
1999 to 2001, in the UK.

From an overall perspective, it is obvious that businesses supply the R&D departments with the majority of all the funding that
they receive. Specifically, in 1999 approximately 50% of the funding for R&D came from businesses a lot more than what came
from government and oversees. The latter sources accounted fo almost 15% each, both half the business's contribution.
Noticeably, in 2000 the business contribution increased significantly while the government funding marginally increased. On the contrary,
oversees funding increased a bit under 5%, and remained the same in 2001, as did the government funding.

Interestingly, Uk's proportion of national income alloted to R&D was only sligtly above the EU average , but significantly lower than
that of Japan's (which ranks at the top) and Germany's. Evidently, UK's figures are a lot higher than those of Italy's yet they are

at a much lower level than USA's.

To sum up, while UK's proportion of national income allocated to R&D in 1999 ,is above EU average, it is interestingly much lower than

that of other developed European countries. In addition, businesses had larger share of funds given to R&D than that of government and
oversees combined.

----------
Could you please correct my mistakes ?

Thank you very much!

BINUDANIEL 4 / 7  
You have not given introduction for the second table in the introduction. Try to give numbers instead what is above what. You need to practice with your graph. I am also preparing for my IELTS so dont feel bad. u can just write1) Introduction in which you describe both chart what they stand for and the time. 2) next line the most striking point of the graph is that throughout the three years the maximum amount of contribution for R &D was by business sector 3) body of graph explain first and second chart and mention numericals. 4) conclusion. I hope this will be some use to u. Join some trining for ielts

Home / Writing Feedback / 'how the funding for reseach and development was allocated in the UK' - IELTS