IELTS- future developments in IT are likely to have more negative than positive

Su Nadi 1 / 1  
In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology(IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, future developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive.

To what extent do you agree with this view?

There is no doubt that information technology has been developed significantly from the last two decades. So, information and communication can be easily done through World Wide Web or by email. Some argue that future developments in IT are likely to have more negative than positive while others think it in converse.

I think the problem is somewhat controversial as it has both negative and positive effects. However will we receive a lot of information, including the latest news on internet, we will not be able to know whether the news is right or wrong. Some may be rumours and will make most people believe. Sometimes this may lead to political and economical changes. Especially changes in economy may make goods in higher prices. If so, internet will be a target for some businessmen.

Moreover, face-to-face contact will be reduced as communication will be quite easier. As a result, respective behaviours of people may become less. Most people are unlikely to visit friends' or relatives' homes and might think of themselves it is not important even if happy or sad occasions occur. Although some are friends on the web, they might not be able to know what to say when they have to contact face-to-face.

The serious one is that developments in IT are likely to make debatable problems. It is true that we will be able to discuss many topics more easily. Nonetheless, there may be a dispute in discussing political views. If it becomes more serious, it may lead to a war.

Although negative effects always come along with positive ones, many negative and few positive effects is not a good one. But one true thing is that there will be still developments in IT in the future.

Why not tell your opinion in the introduction itself? It helps the reader to follow your reasons in your forthcoming paras.

I think the problem is somewhat controversial as it has both negative and positive effects.

Okkkkkkkkk... this is your opinion and in that case you should have this statement as the last sentence of the above para : )
mcuong01 12 / 24 3  
Pay first more attention to how well a good essay is organized. Here is my suggestion:

There is no doubt that information technology has been developed significantly from the last two decades. So, information and communication can be easily done through World Wide Web or by email. Some argue that future developments in IT are likely to have more negative than positive while others think it in converse. I think the problem is somewhat controversial as it has both negative and positive effects.

More specifically, although we receive a lot of information including the latest news on internet, we will not be able to know whether the news is right or wrong. Some may be rumours and will make most people believe. Sometimes this may lead to political and economical changes. Especially changes in economy may make goods in higher prices. If so, internet will be a target for some businessmen.

In additional , the serious one is that developments in IT are likely to make debatable problems. It is true that we will be able to discuss many topics more easily. Nonetheless, there may be a dispute in discussing political views. If it becomes more serious, it may lead to a war.

Nevertheless , face-to-face contact will be reduced as communication will be quite easier. As a result, respective behaviours of people may become less. Most people are unlikely to visit friends' or relatives' homes and might think of themselves it is not important even if happy or sad occasions occur. Although some are friends on the web, they might not be able to know what to say when they have to contact face-to-face.

In brief, although negative effects always come along with positive ones, many negative and few positive effects is not a good one. But one true thing is that there will be still developments in IT in the future.

You can refer more about how examiners assess an IELTS writting at the following link:
https://essayforum.com/undergraduate-essays-2/writing-task-highscho ol-students-continue-university-one-44013/
OP Su Nadi 1 / 1  
Thanks for all.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS- future developments in IT are likely to have more negative than positive