futuristic city vs marvelous artifacts - historical building IELTS essay

bteng011284 2 / 6 1  
Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings? Use specific reasons and examples tosupport your opinion.

A change should be done effectively if we want to progress more in the future. There is a burgeoning question in regards to changing old, historical infrastructure with modern building. There are two facets in this issue. In my opinion, the degree of modernizing a city lies on the effectiveness of a project in projecting its significance in the future.

Old infrastructure should be destruct if we find any significance for this change. If the building begins to obstruct a street and causes a lot of traffic then it is prudent that we should torn down this building regardless of its significance. Moreover, most of old infrastructures have a poor fire safety and the immediate treat from the neighborhood is in question. This in turn also may give a significant reason for a building to be destroyed.

However, We should not destroy them entirely just because we feel that we need to change these to a new building. Most of the historical buildings have significant values in the city development. Losing it will deprive education and appreciation of our younger generation. However, destroying an infrastructure is not a sole option for modernizing a city. Most of the technology today can aim on relocating this building to other site, which can also preserve its values.

In my opinion, as we aim to develop a futuristic city we should still take account on the marvelous artifacts that we have in the past. Technological breakthroughs have made these possible for us.
Carolst 2 / 3 1  
Hello there,

In my opinion, the degree of modernizing a city lies on the effectiveness of a project in projecting its significance in the future .

First, in my opinion your point of view is more clear in the last paragraph than in the first one, maybe you should consider change it.

And I think you shouldn't use In my opinion in the last paragraph. Transition words, such as In conclusion sounds better.

I hope it helped =)
Remansou 8 / 23 9  
very well organized written concisely with very strong vocabulary. It just seems to me less than 250 words. Nice job!
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Well, this writing is good. However, this lacks specific examples for both para 3 and 4. As you can see from the prompt:

Use specific reasons and examples tosupport your opinion.

it is your task to present in-depth views retrieved some facts as to support your claim.

A futuristic city? What does it refer to?
Always remember that you are not allowed to present new idea(s) in the conclusion. Your task is to recall the main points and restate the thesis statement. If needed, then give some viable suggestions.

Home / Writing Feedback / futuristic city vs marvelous artifacts - historical building IELTS essay