Gaining knowledge through watching TV and reading books

LamVu 1 / -  
Topic: Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Reading books and watching TV are two main ways that help us achieve a wide range of knowledge. While it is true that books are good for imagination and language skills, I agree that watching TV is also necessary for language learners

Because some books which mainly include the description of authors going along without image or photos, it is difficult for readers to understand their content if they do not try to imagine those in brain. As a result of this fact, readers can build an imaginary world from reading. In addition, books are also helpful in terms of learning languages. Such grammar and vocabulary will be improved when reading a book: As a result, with understanding the way of authors' writing and lexical resources, readers can use to write books too.
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
Reading books and watching TV are two main ways that help us achieve a wide range of knowledge. While it is true that books are good for imagination and language skills, I agree that watching TV is also necessary for language learners.

Some books mainly include the description of authors going along without image or photos. It is difficult for readers to understand their content if they do not try to imagine those, in their mind. As a result of this fact, readers can build an imaginary world from reading. In addition, books are also helpful in terms of learning languages. For example, grammar and vocabulary will be improved when reading a book, resulting from knowing the way of authors' writing and lexical resources.

However, reading limits some skills such as listening and speaking that with which TV can easily help us. The main reason is that while people read books, they do not often speak out loud and only keep their eyes on pages. In contrast, watching TV requires people to concentrate on listening and seeing what are happening, so listening would be improved, effectively. Through TV screens, learner observe speakers' motivation of their mouth and tongue and then imitate it exactly that leads to boosting up speaking skills.

In conclusion, both reading and watching are indispensable in today's world. While reading is a good way to improve imagination and language skills, I think that TV is also a media for leaners to improve their speaking and listening skills.

I think that you have answered the question but could use better organization, and expansion. I think you need one more paragraph, about the differences between reading and TV watching. What about books with pictures? Is this still a good forum for stimulating the reader to imagine what they are learning? How does this then compare to watching the TV? So, you could do a paragraph on how the two formats are the same; for example, in addition to books with pictures, what about a book of speeches? The reader could imagine their mouth and tongue imitating these.

Your sentences are a little long, and could benefit from breaking them up into smaller segments: either two sentences, or more commas.

Basically, however, I think you have made a good start at showing to what extent you agree or disagree with the question.

Good luck!

ef_carol

Home / Writing Feedback / Gaining knowledge through watching TV and reading books