Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'neither gaining money and status nor learning something new' - about satisfaction

asdasd 3 / 2  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer.

Satisfaction
There are many different opinions regarding satisfaction. Some people think that people need some limited things to be satisfied. However, in my view, People always want to have something more for the following reasons.

Firstly, most of the people like to have more money and status. Some people who have good houses and cars want to work harder to buy a bigger and better houses and cars. In fact, these people think about making money even in their last moments of their lives. For example, my friend's father who is sixty years old and has a good life in Iran sometimes work overnight to buy their seventh house in Kish, a beautiful island in Iran.

Secondly, people who like education never give up learning something new. We can see in universities old professors who need more rest at home after a long learning new things and teaching to other students are still reading books and researching about something else. For example, Doctor Hessabi, an Iranian mathematician, even when he suffered from the cancer and was close to death, was studying a new mathematics book.

Some people might argue that most of people are satisfied with their marriage and do not need to get married another woman. This point has some merits on the surface; however, it is probably not a correct statement in any cultures. In Arab cultures, many men have more than one woman. In addition, having some hidden relationship some married men with another women shows that most of the men are not pleased just by having one woman.

To sum up, most of the people can be satisfied by neither gaining money and status nor learning something new. In addition, some men even need more than one woman.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'neither gaining money and status nor learning something new' - about satisfaction