Task 2: Games bring demerits in terms of physical health as well as mental behavior to children

Annienguyen 1 / -  

What are the negative impacts of playing computer games?

Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basis and a large number of children play computer games. What are the negative impacts of playing computer games and what can be done to minimize the bad effects?

In recent years, the world has remarkably developed in technology. It is evident that there is certainly a wide range of people connecting to technological gadgets as well as a numerous number of children playing computer games. Although this trend results in several downsides, this could be tackled by solutions drawn in the essay.

It can be said that playing electronic games tend to directly bring demerits in terms of physical health as well as mental behaviors to children.

First and foremost, one of the effects is that youngsters are able to have trouble with health-related issues that leads to a reduction of their life expectancy. To be more specific, if being stuck behind a computer is maintained on a daily basis, it seems to easily cause obesity which could be an origin of serious diseases such as stroke or cancers. Another point worth mentioning is that online games should be taken into consideration on account of negatively impacting children's minds and thoughts. Violent manners, particularly, might be originated from conflicts or aggression built for characters in video games such as PUG that would trigger an increase in violence in children's personal traits.

On the other hand, apart from the above obstacles, the following solutions could be efficient to tackle the kids' phenomenon of being addicted to computer games. At first glance, to prevent children from video games, parents should stimulate and promote children to attend extracurricular activities or access to educational websites so that they can enhance their physical and intellectual health. Specifically, due to the advance in technology on education, people release a variety of educational apps to serve online learning or academic entertainment at home such as Duolingo, which assists children to learn various languages through reaching levels like a game. What is more, the period regarding entertainment on computer games should be restricted and carefully observed by teenager's caregivers in order to keep their academic results from not be declining. In other words, if parents can set out rules of playing games, children may spend an appropriate time period for not only entertainment but also individual tasks such as assignments.

In conclusion, computer games will bring out the majority of drawbacks; , however, it is not to say that these problems will exist permanently as there are certain ways to tackle them. The negative influences are more likely to relate to healthiness and immoral manners that have a significant effect on children's longevity and characteristics. Therefore, boys and girls should be engaged in educational recreations and limited time management of internet games.

Thank you for reading!
Do not use an empty response to the questions provided in your writer's opinion section. The examiner scores that portion by considering the relevance of your responses to the guide questions. You do not receive a score when you merely repeat what the discussion points will be. That is a non response and fails to create your opinion as a part of the restatement and opinion paragraph.

First and foremost,

On the other hand

You are using non-connected transition phrases between paragraphs. You cannot use "On the other hand" when you are discussing a totally different topic in that paragraph. Rather than using transition phrases, use anchor sentence topics instead. By immediately stating the topic of the paragraph, you will gain more C+C points. Your logic and reasoning will be scored based on the way that you connect the 2 topics using transition sentences and anchor topics.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Games bring demerits in terms of physical health as well as mental behavior to children