IELTS: Task 2 Gender differences in work

pijiuwdw 6 / 8  
Hi guys,

I am working for passing the Ielts. I really need your help for my essay.

Thanks a lot!

Topic: Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Some jobs are more suitable for men while other jobs are more suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (Gender differences).

In some parts of the world, many companies prefer to choose their employees according by their genders. These companies believe that male and female employees preform differently in different jobs. In my opinion, I support this method of selecting employees to a large extent.

First of all, most of the manual jobs are more suitable for male employees. Generally speaking, males are stronger and tougher than females physically. Therefore, when doing jobs involved with a lot of manual work, such as moving goods in warehouse and operating big machines, males can usually achieve the work more effectively than females. Furthermore, compared with males, only few female can stand the terrible environment of manual workplaces with dust and high temperature like construction sites and manufacturing factories. Consequently, males are more suitable for manual jobs than females.

On the other hand, some jobs which need emotion and patience complement for females, such as teacher and nurse. It is true that there are different personalities between male and female. According by our ancestors' different responsibilities in daily life, females are more maternal and patient because some jobs like feeding babies and taking care of families were often involved in their daily tasks. So, as a result, maternal and patient personalities make female employees easily do a good job in teaching kids and taking care of patience.

To conclude, I believe that some jobs are really more available for special gender. However, it should not be regarded as a reason for gender discrimination in the job market. Both male and females can be excellent in their jobs by hard work and creative thinking.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
Hey... I think you have posted the wrong essay... your topic talks about children obeying rules and your essay is about employment based on gender. Have you typed a wrong topic for this essay? ... Post the correct title, so that we can provide you our comments.

Also, for this task, you should support your reasons with examples. So make sure you have specific examples in the body paragraphs :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Task 2 Gender differences in work