It is generally believed that narcotic addicts should be locked up to drift away the crime rate.

nuni11 33 / 30 5  
Should drug addicts be jailed or rehabilitated? Discuss both views and give your opinions.

It is generally believed that narcotic addicts should be locked up to drift away the crime rate. However, this is not the most appropriate way to tackle the issue. Therefore, I believe that it is better to give sufficient treatment for them.

Some people are of the opinion that drug users are criminals and deserve to be prisoner by the idea that they are in possession of drugs, which by law in some countries are declared illegal. Logically, anybody who uses or is in possession of narcotics is treated as a law offender. However, drugs addicts considered as a social illness in which in my country, Law No. 35/2009 on narcotics and other addictive drugs provides treatment and rehabilitation for drug addicts, but not for drug dialer. Therefore, I believe that locking up the drug users is not the best way to solve such problem since it does not heal mentality damage.

Needless to say, attitudes toward drug users have changed in which people assumed drug abuse is a serious problem that should be handled. Since addiction is a public health issue that need medical help and does not deserve punishment. To exemplify, if drug users are imprisoned and do not receive any treatment, their habit will not change even though they are release from the jail. A recent poll by Pew Research Center reported that sixty-seven percent of those surveyed believe the American's administration should emphasize treatment for people who use illegal drugs rather than punishment. I believe this method is more convenient because addiction is a disease, and it benefits both individual and society as a whole

The aforementioned evidence reveals although many people believe the most feasible method to cope drug addicts by throwing them in jail, I would argue that it is not the effective way since they deserve a treatment to heal them.
Diqon 10 / 33 12  
this is not the most appropriate way to tackle the issue. Therefore, I believe that it is better to give sufficient treatment for them.

( ... anybodyshe or he who uses or is in possession of narcotics is treated as a law offender... ) ( ... drugs addicts had consideredshould be past perfect here as a social illness in which in my country ... ) ( ... a public health issue that needs medical helps and does not deserve punishment. ( ... this method is morea convenient way because addiction is a disease

I really enjoyed reading your good ideas on your essay, I hope my corrections help you so much ;)
aflah15 32 / 18 4  
Some people are of IN the opinion that drug users are criminals ...
... but not for drug dialer DISTRIBUTOR.
... since it does not heal THEIR mentality damage.

Since addiction is a public health issue that needS medical help and ...
... their habit will not BE changeD even though they are releaseD from the jail.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is generally believed that narcotic addicts should be locked up to drift away the crime rate.