My Generation Essay (music, brands, technology)

sydzboo 1 / -  
As generations come and go, they each have different qualities that separate them from the generations before. These different qualities are what makes each generation unique and each generation improves/learns from the last one. According to the dictionary, generation means a group of people born and living at about the same time: A group of people who will live and work together to make things better from what past generations have done, and for future generations to improve upon. Who knows? Maybe this will be the generation to find a cure for AIDS; we have the technology available to us to do it.

iGeneration, Generation Z, Internet Generation, whatever you want to call it, it's all the same. We're the first generation to have lifelong connections to the Internet, cell phones, instant messaging, and text messaging. We have access to websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google, websites that make things travel at the speed of light. These websites are outlets for us to share our thoughts and opinions on various topics.

My generation is always referred to as a technology filled generation. With so much technology, things have become much easier for us to do. Everything you can imagine is just one click away for us. Technology has helped us make everything much more accessible and just simpler.

Because technology makes everything simpler and more accessible, the way we're taught things in the education system have changed. Since I'm in a special program called The Ingenuity Project, I'm doing schoolwork that is being done in 9th and 10th grade. The things teachers teach us are more interactive with technology than what they were when my mom went to school. To do projects she had to use encyclopedia and hand write them herself. For my projects all the information I can use is a click away and I usually do all my projects on the computer with the exception that it's a poster: very rare do I use an encyclopedia or handwrite.

To me, music is a huge part of the people of this generation. There are different kinds of music for different kinds of people and just because someone is a certain race or ethnicity it doesn't mean they like the kind of music their race is stereotypically accustomed to. You have the YMCMB crew with Tyga "throwin' hunnids", Nicki Minaj saying that she's the best, Drake coming up with YOLO, and Lil Wayne that's not a human being. Then, there's Justin Bieber singing baby, and Ke$ha partying with glitter on the floor: Usher screaming yeah and Beyonce counting down.

Now, don't get me wrong while we like these new different kinds of music, songs by Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, and The Backstreet Boys are still kept alive by my generation. All types of music are great, it just depends on the person and how they are.

Swag, a powerful word that means confidence in yourself. There's a lot of ways to express your confidence in yourself: the way you walk, the way you talk, your personality, or the way you dress. I think my generation has no problem displaying our confidence in ourselves by the way we dress. Basically anything goes, so it's just wear what you want, do you, and don't care what anyone thinks. Things you see on a regular basis that we wear are skinny jeans, Sperry's, UGGS, and brands like Aeropostale, Hollister, and Adidas.

The accomplishment of an aim or purpose is success. Everybody have different kinds of success. Some people may find being popular may be success, others may think a lot of money is success. And sometimes success to people is finding the love of your life. When people succeed, it's because of hard work, so it takes time and effort to really succeed. I believe that this generation will really succeed in whatever goals we choose to have because of the success of the generations before us. Without them succeeding we wouldn't be where we are and we wouldn't have the things and technology we have. Because of their success they've helped shaped our generation to be who we are.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) Nice work on your paper.I have a few ideas and suggestions.

As generations come and go, they each have different qualities that separate them from the previous generations.before .

WhoNobody knows the limit to our capabilities. Maybe this will be the generation to find a cure for AIDS; we have the technology available to us to do it.accomplish many goals.

We have access to websites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google, websites that make thingsinformation travel at the speed of light.

With so much technology, things have become much easier for us to do. Everything you can imagine is just one click away for us. Technology has helped us make everything much more accessible and just simpler.

Be careful with the "make things simpler" idea... it does not always make things simpler for everyone, consider this.

To doWhile researching for projects, she had to use an encyclopedia and hand write them herself. For my projects, all of the information I can useneed is a click away.and I usually do all of my projects on the computer, with the exception that it'sof making a poster.very rare doI rarely use an encyclopedia or handwrite.

Good supporting argument. Overall, your essay is great. Good luck in school :)

Home / Writing Feedback / My Generation Essay (music, brands, technology)