Getting married to a person who is different from me is better. TOEFL independent essay

NourNour 22 / 39 7  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

It is better to marry someone who is similar to you, rather than someone who is different from you.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Choosing a partner is one of the crucial decisions that a person may take in his or her whole life because it deeply affects his or her life for good on many levels. Some people think that choosing a person who is similar to them is better while others feel the opposite. As far as I am concerned, I believe that getting married to a person who is different from me is better because this person can complete me, allow me to discover myself and help me to raise our children.

First of all, getting married to a person who is different from me complete me. While choosing a spouse, it is important to focus on what this person will add to my life and avoid the persons who have the same bad habits. For example, one of my friends who gets angry easily and always loses her temper got married to a man with the same problem which turned their life together into a nightmare.

Secondly, choosing a person who is different from me will give me the chance to know myself better. He can also teach me new things and open my eyes on my bad habits which help me to change them be a better person.

Thirdly, a person with different habits and personality can help me in raising my children. For instance, my cousin, who is a shallow woman and cares a lot about fashion and fancy clothes, got married to an intelligent man. Her husband takes care of their children and helps them in doing their school homework.

To sum up, choosing the appropriate spouse is not an easy decision. This may differ from one person to another. While some people think that picking a person who is similar to them is better, I think that getting married to a person who is different from me can complete me, let me know myself better and help me to take care of my kids.
- allow me to discover myself and help me to raise our children.

- First of all,G etting married to a
- person who is different from memy opposite, completes me.
- the persons who havethe same bad habitswill not be able to bring out the best in the relationship .

- Secondly,C hoosing a person who is different from me
- will give me the chanceallow me to know myself better.
- on my bad habitsto see my negative behavior which will help me
- to change them beand become a better person.

- Thirdly, aA person with different habits

- While some people think that picking a person who is similar to them is better, I think that getting married to a person who is different from me can complete me, let me know myself better and help me to take care of my kids.This phrase is unnecessary as we have established this idea in the beginning of the essay. Try to come up with a better closing sentence.

There you have it Nour, I hope I was able to help out in your essay.
OP NourNour 22 / 39 7  
Thank you for your comments :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Getting married to a person who is different from me is better. TOEFL independent essay