Ielts: letter and gift to a friend who has just had a baby recently

ganggang 5 / 9 2  
An English-speaking friend of yours has just had a baby recently. You have bought a gift for her. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter,

1. Describe the gift
2. Explain why you chose that item as a gift
3. Arrange an appointment to meet her and give her the gift

Dear Mr. Roboert
I am sorry to write to you after quite long time and I am so happy to heard that you have just had your new child this week.

I am so busy recently with my school assignments and I heard from one of my co-workers that you son just born this Monday. To celebrate this great event, I have bought an IPAD for a gift for your new born child. It has many advantages. First of all, there are many early childhood education applications available online, which can help him to learn how to count numbers or recognize animals. Secondly, after entering to the primary school, your son can also use this device to access to the internet to study or find information. Thus, I hope this gift can aid in your child's development.

In addition, I would like to know that when the best time for me to visit you. Although I know that you must be busy these days either for taking care of child or buying some baby supply for your kids, i am quite keen on seeing your lovely baby.

I look forwards to receiving your letter.

Best Regards,
Matt.
Cute Scott 3 / 3  
I am so happy to heard (hear)that
fikri 5 / 317 71  
my co-workers that you your son just born this Monday

pay more attention to small details
aklochkova1 1 / 3 1  
You should write 1." after quite a long time" not "after quite long time"
2. I have been so busy and I have heard, because you say "recently"
3. an IPAD as a gift, but not for a guift
4. I would like to know "what is the best time for me . . ."
5. I am looking forward, not forwards

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts: letter and gift to a friend who has just had a baby recently