"Never, never give up" - Your favorite saying

prettybear94 3 / 7  
Topic: About your favorite saying and explain why you like it.

"Never, never give up" - an ordinary saying, but for me, it is not only my favorite saying but also my great encouragement.

Some people will give up if they are bored or have difficulty during their life. For me, "never, never give up" - an ordinary saying, but it is not only my favorite saying but also my great encouragement.

Anyone might not reach their goals without showing sufficient enthusiasm. I am an enthusiastic girl and want to complete all my work without pause. I never give up. And it encouraged me much when I intended to give up.

From my case, I wanted to set up a volunteer team. But none of some close friends seemed to be interested in my idea or want to join with me. I was frustrated then but I told myself not to give up. I thought that there must be some people who have the same idea with me. As a result, when I came up with a different approach which was posting my ideas on social websites, I was astonished upon figuring out that a lot of people shared the same idea with me. Now, we joint together in one team and started our volunteer work.

After all, speaking from my above experience, I would have failed if I had not pushed myself strong enough to pursue my target.
butterbescotch 6 / 41  
"You'll never get what you don't deserve"
I realized that I could not just ponder and wish something to be mine or to happen. I have to work for it and do my best and see how it works. Even though, I mostly failed my attempts; I was never disappointed. Since the more I try the more my price will weigh.
yolven_lu 1 / 3  
firstly, is this a kind of short essay? Well, this piece of writing does provide a concrete support for the idea mentioned above. The example given is relevant to serve as supporting statement. However, in my opinion, this can be brought further by giving strong arguments such as why enthusiasm can be a drive for attaining goal, what is in the attitude of enthusiasm that can lead to success in achieving our ambition, or etc. Hopefully, i am correct for this case.. :)
KathyLala 20 / 116  
Here are some suggestions for grammar

Some people will give up if they are bored or faced difficulty during their life.

For me, "never, never give up" - an ordinary saying, is my favorite saying and also my great encouragement

I have never given up. And it encouraged me much when I had intended to give up. (who is "it", the saying?)

However, none of some close friends seemed to be interested in my idea nor wanted to join with me (past tense)

Now, we have joined together in one team and start our volunteer work (I use present prefect tense here because they join you in the past till now)
OP prettybear94 3 / 7  
Thank you so much.
And how do you feel after reading my essay? Is it boring, or sleepy?? I appreciate your comment.
storng enough to pursue my target.

Here is a typo, above.

I like your idea and the example. However, you are right... it is an ordinary saying. You can find your own unique, creative way to say the same thing. Just replace that saying with a unique version of it. There are many ways to express that same idea.

:-)
OP prettybear94 3 / 7  
I see the saying with a unique version "Never, never give up" .... So, what is the unique version?
KathyLala 20 / 116  
Hi Prettybear!
Kevin means that the saying is famous that many people know, and since many people know it is not unique any more...So he suggests that you can write your own within the same meaning...There are many sentences like "as white as ghost", "as busy as bees" are considered out of date. Instead of saying "I never give up", can you say it in different way?
OP prettybear94 3 / 7  
uh huh. I do understand. I have searched Winston Churchill has said "Never, never, never give up"

Home / Writing Feedback / "Never, never give up" - Your favorite saying