Given are two pie charts illustrating how different languages are spoken by British students

hiimsandra 5 / 7 3  
The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in England who were able to speak other languages in addition English, in 2000 and 2010.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.

foreign language knowledge in the uk

Given are two pie charts illustrating how different languages are spoken by British students in a decade. Overall, one particularly interesting fact is that Spanish is the most popular language during this period.

It is obvious that Spanish gain at least 10% more than other languages, constituting 30% in 2000. English speakers (20%) were secondary, there was a bit difference with Spanish, by 10%. In addition, the proportion of French and another language gain half lower than Spanish speakers. Nonetheless, German speakers and dual-language speakers merely had one-ninths of overall British students.

After ten years, most of the item had changed except for German speakers, the proportion of German speakers retained 10%. In 2010, Spanish speakers increased to 35% while another language speakers grew up to 20%, both of these two language speakers had 5% growth. In contrast, French speakers and English speakers decreased in 2010, the former slightly fallen to 10% and so did the latter. It is noteworthy that dual-language speakers rose to 15%, this phenomenon could be connected with the decrease of French and English speakers. It is clear that English speakers learned French, meanwhile, the French speakers learned English in a decade.

<196 words>

Please help me to revise grammar mistake and illogical words. Thanks!
ervina92 4 / 7 4  
Hi, @hiimsandra
I will help you with the grammatical correction.

It is obvious that Spanish gain (Do you mean gained (like in the past) or gains?) at least 10% ...

... secondary, there was a bit difference with Spanish, by 10%. (This part is just repeating the previous sentence.)

... of French and another (Do you mean 'another' as it is only one or 'other' as there are some languages?) language gain half ...

... to 35% while another language (Do you mean other language speakers?) speakers grew up ...

... learned French, (.) meanwhile, (Meanwhile,) the French speakers ...

I hope it helps. Good luck with your writing task :)
Sandra, it is difficult to review your essay because you forgot to upload the image for our reference. You can't expect too much help from us regarding the review of your work because of that. I can however, offer a general review of your essay based on format considerations.

Your summary overview is not appropriate. It is missing a number of important information in the presentation. A more appropriate presentation for this would be:

Charts were provided in order to assess the number of British students who could speak other languages aside from English. The years indicated for review are 2000 and 2010. This essay will present the summarized information along with a comparison of important features when required. Overall though, it is noticeable that Spanish proved to be the most popular other language spoken at the university during these two years.

I am unable to proceed beyond this point of reviewing your work because I have no way of confirming the information you have provided. Hopefully, you will remember to upload the image with your next essay and I can give you a more useful review within that essay. As for this essay, I don't think the review can progress beyond this due to the lack of image reference.

Home / Writing Feedback / Given are two pie charts illustrating how different languages are spoken by British students