Essay: Going abroad for studying or not?

sabrinayaa 12 / 22  
opic: The idea of going oversea for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Going abroad for studying or not?

It's been always a hot debate about going oversea for university studying or simply chooses to stay home. Opponents of oversea study list the cultural encounters and individual adaptation problems as their reasons, which view as opportunities to improve themselves for oversea students. It's the fact that studying abroad could have some problems anyone couldn't escape, however, to some extent, I couldn't agree that one should choose to live abroad to study more.

On the one hand, the advantages of studying oversea have never been exaggerated. The insights that a oversea students gain from studying outside his native country might be the most precious treasure. Living in an entire different environment where posses distinguish ways of thinking and ways of doing, people could obtain the fresh idea about everything. For example, Chinese people are always categorizing in the most conservative countries, some Chinese parents sent their children to studying in some developed countries to study their new ideas and experience diverse life. After graduation, those oversea students come back to China to contribute to the construction of society, which facilitates the fast developing of the country. This phenomenon has become a new trend since people stepped into the new information era.

On the other hand, in addition to the merit of broadening one's horizon, another obvious advantage is to exchange opinion of among distinct countries. Different students discuss one topic in different ways; everyone would have a better understanding of other countries. Besides, things like learning another language, enhancing the awareness of independence, travelling more places and so on, have make studying abroad more attractive.

However, like every other newly established phenomenon, this trend has some demerits no one could deny. People who against the idea of going oversea believe that people would encounter culture conflict and feel lonely, which end up with paying less attention on studying as well as being forced to leave the destination country. It is true that somebody have cultural different experience when they first step out of their own nation, nonetheless, with the fast growing students live abroad to study, it maybe true that could means that the culture problems factor has reduce its influence in the choice of going oversea for university. The new generation is capable of adjusting themselves to unfamiliar living condition than the older generation. That is one of the reasons why students leave their parents to strange countries at a younger age.

In conclusion, individuals could not judge a newly phenomenon only by its one aspect of merits or demerits, not everything has its pure advantages and disadvantages. From my perspectives, although there are some drawback conditions about studying abroad, in a large extent, I approve of the idea studying abroad because of the insights and amazing experience people would obtain.
anik4546 1 / 2  
There seems to be a few grammatical mistakes. for ex- newly is not a proper word, it should be new.then individuals can not( you wrote could not). There are several other mistakes as well, please wait until the moderator takes a look at your essay. Good luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay: Going abroad for studying or not?