This essay is going to explain the pros and cons of learning a foreign language at primary school

jennyle 1 / 1  
Hi every body, please check my essay. Thank you so much for spending your time

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Learning foreign language is perhaps one of the most important subjects at school as it does not only provide students with language knowledge but also is the method of communicating and working in this globalized society. Some people believe that the good way to studying foreign language is letting the children start learning it at primary school. However, to some extends, I personally think that learning foreign language in such early ages can evolve few drawbacks. This essay is going to explain the pros and cons of this issue

It is apparently that start learning other language provides some advantages for children. According to science researches, children are more likely to learn foreign language faster than adults and they also have ability to quickly remember what they have learned. Statistically, a child only takes 30 seconds to remember 7 given new words while an adult needs 1.3 seconds for that. As a result, there will be no difficulty for children when studying. Furthermore, learning foreign language at primary school can help to create fundamental knowledge for children and it is also the preparation for upper levels when they grow up.

In the other hand, learning foreign language can effect negatively on children lives. First, spending time with foreign language could make the children forget their mother tongues. From age six to ten, children's brains can only understand simple worlds and their vocabularies at this stage are just limited. If children use foreign language more than their mother tongue, it is obvious the mother languages will be forgotten. It will drive that these children are not able to communicate in their languages and have to use some foreign phrases in stead.

In general, learning foreign language at elementary school has both advantages and disadvantages. It is positive as it helps children to create a base knowledge of the language they learn. Meanwhile, it is negative since the mother language is easily forgotten if parent and teacher do not arrange appropriated time and learning schedules. To overcome this issue, I think that parent should prepare carefully and also associate with the teacher to give their children suitable studying methods
Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
Learning foreign language is perhaps one of the most important subjects at school, as it does not only provide students with language knowledge, but also is the method of communicating and working in this globalized society (Do not forget commas)
vincentfreeman 7 / 20 2  
I think you should use "one the other hand" instead of "in the other hand"
Overall, your vocabulary is pretty good. But why dont you give some other points for both advantage and disadvantages to further strengthen your statements
samarina 1 / 3 2  
In the other hand, learning foreign language can effect negatively on children lives.

I think i would rewrite that sentence:
-On- in the other hand, learning foreign language can -also- effect children's lives in a negative way. negatively on children lives.
JessieCarpenter 1 / 10  
Read your article, I found many words that you had selected is very long so instead of that try to frame your sentences with some small words that captures a 2-3 words in 1 words.
OP jennyle 1 / 1  
Thanks for your comment. Could you kindly give me some examples and how I should change these words?

Home / Writing Feedback / This essay is going to explain the pros and cons of learning a foreign language at primary school