Going overseas for university study

Sayed Naeem 1 / -  
Topic: Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. but while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties as students inevitable encounters living and studying in a different culture.

The idea of going overseas for university study excites lots of people. But some people think that it will be difficult living and studding in a different culture and language. We cannot deny to the fact that it has both advantages and disadvantages to the students going abroad for their further higher studies.

Studding overseas has lots of advantages and positive points. It enhances overall confidence of students by living on their own in a different culture and among different people. The difficulties can be overcome which itself will be a great experience and will be very useful in their future lives. They will have a real chance of learning another language while living among the people and learning it academically as well as using it in their daily lives.

Moreover going to another country and living in a different culture is the best way of knowing it. As lots of people believe that cultures and languages are best learned through first hand experience. Also students get a chance of learning about more then once culture as they live and study in multicultural environment, among the students from different countries, languages and cultures.

Furthermore students who studied overseas in multicultural environment have a border view of life. Perhaps the most important is that they gain more knowledge of life and experience by living with people from different parts of the world, knowing about their approach and ways of handling problems. Also making friends from different countries is not only exciting on social level, but could also lead to important overseas contacts in their future professional lives.

On the other hand some students my find it difficult living away from their homes and families in a total different culture and among different people. In the beginning it will be hard to know about their way of living, their behavior and social life. Their ways of interaction with others and sensitive issues of culture. Also learning new language sometime proved hard form some people.

In conclusion, while any anxiety about going overseas for university study is certainly understandable, it is important to remember that the benefits offered by the experiences makes it well worthwhile
Naeem, when you start a thread, please use words that tell what the essay is about.

We cannot deny to the fact that it has its has both advantages and disadvantages to the students going abroad for their further higher studies.i dont think this part is really necessary

Aisha, I really like the way you simplified this sentence. In order to help with the practice of English, I'll show an alternative, too. Here is another way to make that sentence work, Naeem. See below:

We cannot deny to the fact that it studying abroad has both advantages and disadvantages.

Another mistake I found is this:
On the other hand some students my find it difficult living away from their homes ...
You should use the word "might."

I might go to the show.
I my go to the show.
I might accidentally use the word "my" instead of "might" because they sound the same.
I my use the wrong word.
I might use the wrong word.

...and families in a totally different culture and among different people.

:-)
Elly - / 1  
How is tourism market overseas

Hello i want to take tourism management course in university but how is it labour market?
Gangster777 2 / 1  
It depends from country
Where are you going to work?
caseySchooling 5 / 22  
Countries try to exemplify their greatest traits and most beautiful architecture to entice internationalists to come and visit them. Though not necessarily catering to these people, they are catering to their money.

Home / Writing Feedback / Going overseas for university study