Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. -IELTS

kurianjoseph1 8 / 18 7  
Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Today, in the modern many students go overseas for higher education. Although, this offers students many advantages, they encounter many challenges of living and studying in a developed country. It is thus agreed that for the safety of every students they should continue education at home country. Analysing both the financial difficulties of living and studying abroad as well as inability to master different methods of studying will prove this.

To begin with, It is probable that many international students have to face the unbearable living and studying expenses in order to survive. For instance, a survey conducted by the Daily Telegraph revealed that many international students have to work part time in order to bear the cost of living and studying in Australia. This example clearly shows that unless international students work part time jobs, they are unable to bear the cost of living and studying in Australia. Thus, to save them from financial loss, it is better to continue higher education in their home country.

In addition to this, it is commonly understood that the method of learning in each countries are different. For example, if a student wishes to study in UK, he or she have to master English language which is not the student's mother tongue. As such, students are required not only to read and write in English but also to take presentation in English . Therefore, students cannot adapt to the new system of learning in an English speaking country.

In summary, the unbearable financial cost and the requirement of mastering English language makes it improbable for international students to study in a developed country. Therefore, for the best of everyone students should stay at home.
rejinregine 2 / 5 1  
For example, if a student wishes to study in UK, he or she hashave to master English language which is not the student's mother tongue. As such, students are required not only to read and write in English, but also to conducttake presentation in English . Therefore, students cannot adapt to the new system of learning in an English speaking country.

In summary, the unbearable financial cost and the requirement of mastering English language makes it improbable for international students to study in a developed in country. Therefore, for the best of everyone, students should studystay at home country .
Today, in the modern many students go overseas for higher education.

"Today" and "modern" mean the same and one makes the other redundant.

It is thus agreed that for the safety of every students they should continue education at home country.Analysing both the financial difficulties of living and studying abroad as well as inability to master different methods of studying will prove this

every student / all students
I feel it is better to express your opinion more direct without being passive;
In my view, it is safer for every student to continue education in home country. It helps them avoid high costs involved with foreign education while giving them more freedom to dedicate their time for studies.

Thus, to save them from financial loss, it is better to continue higher education in their home country.

Here the issue is actually not the financial constraints; it is the time they are left with to devote for their studies. They need to both work and study if they study abroad where as in home country they can have their time only for studies. I feel this is the point you need to bring up.
nghiabkdn 2 / 2  
Hi everybody, I have made an attempt at kurianjoseph1's topic! Please read and give me some advice! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------
Studying overseas has become a widespread trend in our society today. Although there are many undeniable difficulties that international students have been faced, I am convinced that it is truth if students choose to study in nation which has a higher educational standard and I agree that study abroad can give students benefits as be explained below.

To begin with, being educated in a developed education draw an unresisting prospect for every student. Obviously, it is easy for students to enhance their qualifications if they live and study in a more developable education. Knowledge and experiences they accumulated may be profitable for their fatherland's improvements when they come back their home country. Along with this, developed countries give a large amount of facilities to international students, including opened-libraries, low interest rate loans, low-cost accommodation and so on that create the most suitable studying environment for learners.

Furthermore, the most serious difficulty caused many troubles to overseas students, which is culture shock, is more and more being abolished. With the generation of the Internet, students are provided opportunities to get acquainted with other cultures and keep in touch with everything that has been up to around the world. These help international students live in adapted country easily as well as communicating to other partners effectively. Besides, these days many clubs of international students, where members can be shared their experiences to each other, are established.

By way of conclusion, going overseas for higher education are resulting in expected result, especially for the improvements in developing countries. While many problems is increasingly overcoming, I strongly believe that studying abroad is beneficial and should be encouraged to develop.
OP kurianjoseph1 8 / 18 7  
Thanks rejinrejine and Dumi :)
joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
hai Kurian...

Additional points...

:cultural shock
:ldifficulty in adjusting with the climate of the host country
:lack of proficiancy in the first language of the host country.
:difficulty in managing personal, financial and educational problems.
:home sickness..

Tessy

Home / Writing Feedback / Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. -IELTS