IELTS Writing: who is going to be responsible for environmental problems?

Mayo_baby 1 / -  
Politicians are more responsible for protection of the environment than individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, protecting our environment has been a major issue for ages. At the same time, it is debatable that who is going to be responsible for environmental problems. While some assert that politicians have more responsibilities to conserve our nature rather than individuals, however, I partially disagree the above statement.

I admit that policymakers and governments play an important role in addressing environmental matters. In addition to this, they may have great impacts on protecting our environment by introducing efficient regulations, and I believe that making laws and encouraging people to follow such rules are politicians' certain obligation. If governments induce laws associated with the conservation of environment such as imposing green taxes on factories and designating the day for recycling, reusing and reproducing the products that people have used, environmental issues can be solved as individuals must try to follow such laws in order to avoid breaking the law.

I believe, however, individuals have more right to protect the nature and environment. This is because majority environment matters have been driven from human beings activities. The activities that we have been doing are not only to use fossil fuels by driving our own cars excessively, but also to make carbon dioxide by using home appliances too much. If individuals, of course including politicians and officials, first try to do less such activities, environmental issues could be eased dramatically.

In conclusion, both politicians and individuals have onus to protect the Earth, however, rather than making new policies, the efforts of individuals to conserve our nature might be more powerful and efficient.
dgr8swati 3 / 3 1  
My English is not so good and I am still learning .
There are a few small mistakes I can revise for you.
I am so glad to learn from your essay.

.... introducing efficient regulations, and. Further I believe that making laws and ..

.....been driven from human beings' activities OR activieis of human beings

----using home appliances too much. extensive usage of home appliances.

-----first, try to do lessdecrease such activities, environmental issues ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing: who is going to be responsible for environmental problems?