Essay: Why going to school

CharatChukiat 1 / 1  
please check this out for me. I'm going to take part in the exam of Singapore's scholarship in two months. Want u to know first that this is not my first essay.

1. People attend school for many different reasons (for example, expanded knowledge, societal awareness, and enhanced interpersonal relationships). Why do you think people decide to go to school? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Going to School

Schools seem to be the only place where you can see people yearning for knowledge and desiring to learn everything they wish to. Since we were youngsters , we were told to wake up every morning and prepare ourselves for the school. At that time, we did it without interesting or enthusiasm, on the contrary, we did it involuntarily. Every children are likely to say that going to school is an extremely boring duty since they do not really understand the reason why should they study. However, as they grow up, they soon learn that in everyone's life gaining knowledge is very significant.

Several reasons of the question why people attend school are considered. In my opinion, te first reason is about needs knowledge. Mankind has been ruling this world for thousands of years and after the revolution of science in 1760s our technology is progressing very quickly. A lot of career have been presented to us since the event too, and the man who can apply for the occupation must have enough knowledge in order to suit with the job he intend to do. So young people need to go to school before they turn themselves into a working man or woman. If they do not study in high school or university, their chances of getting a job will certainly vanish. Their knowledge is a must for every career.

Not only can teachers teach children the academic subjects, they are also able to inculcate norms and patterns of living in the social in children. Every society must have a little different forms of culture, law and other living patterns. School is the best place for new members of the society to learn how to manage their lives and how to adapt themselves when they have to stay with other people. Recently, in most families, parents allow their babies to learn communication skills, adaptation skills and some other fundamental skills in school. This shows that schools play a remarkably important role in making children a real man

.
While children are studying in schools involuntarily, som adults decide to go to school arbitrarily. Grownups who make up their mind to study their intersting subjects in school are usually determined and dreamy since they want to study something which they formerly wanted to but they could not accomplish his wish at that moment.For example, a lawyer longing to be a dancer sinc he was a child may go to the dancing school every other evening after working hard all day. These people are,in my view, admirable due to his truly intention to learn what they have been desiring for decades.

Childrens are not told to go to schools because they are just kids, but because going to school is one of the responsibility of being man. Knowledge and societal awareness is necessary for all of us. We would not have come this far if we had not transferred knowledge and useful data from generation to generation. Consequently, school is the place where our civilization begins.

503 words
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Here are some editing suggestions for you:

Since we were youngsters , we were told to wake up every morning and prepare ourselves for school. At that time, we did it without interest or enthusiasm; on the contrary, we did it involuntarily. All children are likely to say that going to school is an extremely boring duty since they do not really understand the reason why should they study.

There are several reasons why people should attend school. In my opinion, the first reason is about the need for knowledge. Mankind has been ruling this world for thousands of years and after the revolution of science in 1760s our technology has been progressing very quickly. A lot of careers have been presented to us since then, too, and the man who can apply for the occupation must have enough knowledge in order to suit the job he intends to do. So young people need to go to school before they turn themselves into a working man or woman. If they do not study in high school or university, their chances of getting a job will certainly vanish. Knowledge is a must for every career.

they are also able to inculcate in children norms and patterns of living in society.

This shows that schools play a remarkably important role in making children successful adults.

While children are studying in schools involuntarily, some adults decide to go to school arbitrarily. [If it is something they have always wanted to do, it is not really arbitrary.] Grownups who make up their minds to study interesting subjects in school are usually determined and dreamy [Not sure what you meant by "dreamy" but it is not the right word here.] since they want to study something which they formerly wanted to but they could not accomplish at that time. For example, a lawyer longing to be a dancer since he was a child may go to the dancing school every other evening after working hard all day. These people are ,in my view, admirable due to their intention to learn what they have been desiring for decades.

Children are not told to go to schooljust because they are kids, but because going to school will help them shoulder the responsibilities of adulthood. Knowledge and societal awareness is necessary for all of us. We would not have come this far if we had not transferred knowledge and useful data from generation to generation. Consequently, school is the place where our civilization begins.

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP CharatChukiat 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your advice.
I'll practise more and i promise to let you check my next essay.

Thanks.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay: Why going to school